Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

have had my Patriot for just over a week now, and we love it. The only thing my wife really wants added is a backup cam.

I didn’t know this, but my Patriot already has UConnect installed. I Setup my phone today and it works great. The only problem is, our receiver is the “non touchscreen” version, so obviously I need to upgrade.

i am looking at aftermarket and OEM, but my question is.. don’t most aftermarket radios already come with Bluetooth receivers? If I bought something like a pioneer or Kenwood with Bluetooth, would my UConnect kit be removed? Or would that be used?

thanks

·
Registered
714 Posts
Unfortunately, if you install any aftermarket radio, you will loose UConnect. Most decent aftermarket radios do come with bluetooth, so that really isn't a big deal. If you want something that looks factory, comes with everything you need to install, and has lots of functionality, check out the Jeep section on www.xtrons.com. I've got one of their radios and love it. You can see pics of it in my showcase:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!

prior to posting this, I actually read another thread about the topic in which you replied in—so I did see your showcase and the radio looks great.

One additional question.. I know the OEM Radios are literally plug and play. I’ve seen multiple videos of people removing the old and putting in the new with no programming or modifications required.

how about the xtrons radio? Is it a direct fit (plug and play), or is there a kit required in order to make it fit?

side note.. I love your tires! Not sure when you posted that pic, but are you still happy with them?

·
Registered
714 Posts
The XTrons radios come with the wiring adapter that's needed. Also comes with a CAN bus box so it can intergrate a bit with the vehicle... steering wheel buttons, steering angle sensor for trajectory lines on the rear view camera, door open display, etc.

If you go offroad, or live somewhere where it snows, like Buffalo, then the tires are pretty great. The only downside is the fact that they are getting pretty loud after a year.

·
Registered
252 Posts
The UConnect used in the Patriot is the older version that is nothing more than simple Bluetooth connectivity from 2008 or so. You won't lose any functionality by upgrading your radio and will gain greater functionality. I recommend the Kenwood units, as they have an entire ecosystem of accessories and functions you can add.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts