Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, first post here but I've been reading for months. After reading MANY favorable posts on the CRDSTU coils I ordered the coils today and wanted to give you all some updates.

1. There is only one type available now, no more HD and regular. The only one available is a hybrid of the old regular and HD version so its a comfort/ load carrying combination which I'm happy with because I wasn't sure which to choose.

2. No more yellow :( I was hoping to order them in yellow but he said 9/10 orders were for black so they stopped producing yellow! Seems like you'd want people to know they are different hence the yellow but not a deal breaker.

3. He now INCLUDES the camber bolts needed for the alignment.

4. They are still $535 AU including shipping but with the US dollar doing better we have a much more favorable exchange rate, it comes out to about $482 USD.

·
2012 POTY
6,148 Posts
Stu dropped yellow coils long time ago. When I bought mine earlier this year he told me that rear coils are now HD which explains why the set is "hybrid". The camber bolts are now included indeed with no extra charge. I was amazed how fast the shipping was. I placed my order on a Thursday and it was at my door next Wednesday. You'll love the ride quality and the look of your Jeep afterwards.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is surprisingly fast especially considering international shipping through customs. He said he is out of stock and is expecting his order to come in Wednesday or Thursday and said he should ship mine out next Friday so I will be waiting a bit longer than you did, but i'm happy. Another thing, Stu really is a great guy, he is very accommodating. He called me a little while ago to process the order (After numerous emails) and he did so on his day off (It's Saturday morning there). I highly recommend anyone to deal with him!

·
Administrator
6,869 Posts
Thanks for the update and congrats on the coils, I think you'll like them.

I highly recommend anyone to deal with him!
x2

·
Registered
107 Posts
I wanted the stu lift over my rro lift but he never answered the phone on the days i said i'd call :(

·
Registered
138 Posts
I just sent him an email. I've decided to get the coils, honestly after all the reading I have done the RRO sounds like a nightmare!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Thanks MB. I am just hoping I get more lift from them than I would simply upgrading to FDII springs because that would probably be much cheaper. Wish I could find measurements from somebody with a new 2011+ FDII before and after stu coils to see if it lifted it at all in the front end. Also the new coils may be slightly taller than the older model STU's?

·
Premium Member
4,710 Posts
Thanks MB. I am just hoping I get more lift from them than I would simply upgrading to FDII springs because that would probably be much cheaper. Wish I could find measurements from somebody with a new 2011+ FDII before and after stu coils to see if it lifted it at all in the front end. Also the new coils may be slightly taller than the older model STU's?
It added .5" in the front, and 1.25" in the rear on my 2011 FDII. That was the newer style coil (HD rear normal front)

From my Signature: STU's coils

·
Registered
138 Posts
Thanks mr. Jeep so if it lifted your FDII a half inch it should lift my fwd a whole inch. Did you like the coils? Could you notice the front was lifted even though it was only a little?

MB where can I find that picture?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Thanks man. That helps a lot. I think the lift will be noticeable. I'm gonna pull the trigger on it.

·
Premium Member
4,710 Posts
Thanks mr. Jeep so if it lifted your FDII a half inch it should lift my fwd a whole inch. Did you like the coils? Could you notice the front was lifted even though it was only a little?

MB where can I find that picture?
Loved the coils. Even with nearly 12" of clearance, it felt more secure and better at cornering than my Rav4 with 6" under it.

I noticed the extra height every time I walked out to the parking lot and saw all the air under the Jeep! :D

Sent from my Nexus 4

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.