Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

I'm currently waiting on my set of rear HD CRDSTU coils spring for the Jeep Patriot from Murchison Products. I got Stu's springs installed for about 2 months now and been very pleased with my purchase. However, I often load my Jeep to the roof and it cause the rear to drop too much still (way less since I installed Stu's springs) and at night, it then lights more the trees than the road.

After discussing it with Stu, I decided to get myself a set of rear heavy duty coils. Basically, they will be a bit longer and a bit stiffer to compensate for additional weight I put on. I guess Stu could elaborate on the specs.

They should arrive in the next few days and really looking forward to install them.

Of course, I'll post pictures and comments asap.

----------------------------------------------------------
So my new rear HD coils have been install. Right off the bat, I'm pretty sure I got one of the most lifted Patriot out there. It brought my Pat leveled and I'm very happy.

As for the ride. It did not worsted the confort. Overall, it rides great. It only transmit a little more bumb noise inside the cabin instead of the shocks taking some of the impact. That is perfectly normal and not all that bad. It only happen on cracks. On bumps it is great.

The spring are about 1 inch longer that regular rear CRDSTU coils (CRDSTU 7) and are made from a bigger size steel coils than the regular. It basically provides more height and stiffness. I really look forward loading my jeep to see where the rear ends up. I feel confident it can take pretty much any charge now.

This is a comparison shot of the 3 coils.

Then, this is the way I usually load my Jeep going camping and fishing.

This is how it would look from the side fully loaded before I put on CRDSTU coil springs

This is how it would sit empty after I put CRDSTU coil springs.

Now this one is taken after I installed my new rear CRDSTU HD coils. Nice and high!

Close up shot of the rear wheel opening.

Nice overall ground clearance.

Close up shot from the rear suspension assembly with the new HD coils.

I look forward to get your comments!

BTW, Stu from Murchison Products is a super nice guy and very serious about his business. I'm glad he answered my need. I guess I'll be the first with those HD Coils for the Jeep Patriot!

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
he must love this forum - we advertise like crazy for him.
Well, his coils could be sh*t and his service even worst. Lifting our Pat is a hot topic on the forum and I believe he deserve to be reconize for it. Otherwise he would not be in business anymore.

I listed the pros and cons of his coils and the guy adressed those issue like a pro. Thumbs up Stu!

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
What cost if I may ask for the HD coils.I'm still considering just putting a spacer on my rear since I have the same problem with the lights. My wife says that when I drove behind her it is very distracting since my lights seem to project very high. She has a Dodge caravan so it's not like she sits way lower.

Still very happy with my original purchase!

·
Premium Member
4,024 Posts
I agree, Plumonium. Stu is a very nice Guy with a very good Product. He's willing to go the extra mile, so to speak to keep his customers happy. I for one am very happy with his Coils, way better ride than the RRO lift. The shipping is what drives the price of his Coils up but it didn't stop me from buying Stus Coils, well worth the money. That's the price we have to pay if we want his Coils as there aren't many options out there to get the ride that you get with Stus Coils. I'm sure you'll be happy when you get the Heavy Duty Coils for the rear of your Patriot. Please let everyone know when you put them on.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hey guys! Thanks very much for the positive comments. Yes I do take what I do very seriously. These extra HD rear coils are for that exactly, extra HD or constant weight riding. Plumonium will be the 1st to try them out and I'm confident they'll do the right job for him the 1st time.

I've heard a few people mention the headlights pointing up more - isnt there some adjustability on the headlights via a screw like most cars? Just curious.

By the way, I'll have my website up and running next week ready to view. Its still a work in progress but I'm sure you guys will like what you see :) I'll keep you all posted.

Best Regards as always
Stu

·
Aussie Patriot Legend
996 Posts
theres a switch that can adjust the headlights for leveling things out on the center console just for those akward moments, lights blinding possums etc

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
theres a switch that can adjust the headlights for leveling things out on the center console just for those akward moments, lights blinding possums etc
Not on this side of the ocean, sorry! This switch and the diesel engine would be too much for us :doh:

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
yeah, I would have loved stiffer rear springs before I put on the RRO lift. With 4 bikes on the hitch, the headlights would act like highbeams until I lowered the aiming of the bulbs. Now with lights aimed lower, I don't see as far when I don't have bikes on the back.

but I usually have bikes on the back!

·
Registered
342 Posts
well I will be saving up, I should be getting the lift before winter (I hope) I want to put some bfg's on my 17" rims, one member has them and I want to follow suit.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I might put on sale my previous CRDSTU rear coils. They would be perfect for someone with stock front coils and who carries a bike rack, a trailer or lots of gear. Leveling up the Jeep when loaded. I would probably let them go for "cheap" and be able to ship everywhere in North America for a real good price. I'm from Canada.

I'll keep you posted once the HD ones are on.

·
Banned
859 Posts
ok, Im in now! i was going with the RRO for the extra little bit of lift, but now, since my capacity for towing and gear hauling has increased, the stu's wins! I have been looking at ways to stiffen the back in for towing and the answers have been found....

need an unloaded ride report....because I do run my jeep empty alot as well, but im getting a pop up camper so the springs will definantly help.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Got my coils yesterday. I look forward to compare with my previous CRDSTU coils. I'll post pictures and comment once they are installed. It might happen this sunday. Stay tuned.

·
Premium Member
1,864 Posts
We took a trip to Erie PA over the weekend. We had 4 people plus luggage. I noticed that the rear of the patriot was squatting a little lower than I'd like.

I may have to look into getting a set of the HD springs for the rear as well.

Looking forword to the pics.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I added pictures and little comments to my first post, check it out.

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Very tempted now to get these as the rear seems to sit quite a bit higher as well.

Does the ride feel any different with the stiffer and higher spring?

·
Registered
549 Posts
this is what i've been waiting for just not the price. I'm constantly towing my boat during the summer months and have the cargo area filled with work supplies. I just really wish Stu can find a north american distributor/manufacturer

1 - 20 of 124 Posts