Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Bluetooth recently stopped working, I called UConnect and they told me I needed to download the update by USB. So they emailed me instructions. I downloaded the uconnect.upn file to the USB and when I plug it in it says device empty. Any suggestions? When I extracted the zip file to the USB it wasn't 5 files like it suggested it should be in the email they sent. Please help. I really don't want to pay $80 for the dealership to do it.

·
Registered
254 Posts
It has to be installed a specific way. The UConnect radio used in the Patriot is OLD. Ancient. It was long outdated when your vehicle came off the assembly line. In order to install updates, you have to have a USB flash drive formatted in FAT32 and NOT one of the ones that you'd get in a store these days, as they are too large. Even if you took it to a dealership, they probably wouldn't know how to do it properly because the system is so old and they rarely install updates there anyway. Anyway, you need an old 1-4GB USB flash drive formatted in FAT32, with the updates loaded onto it. Once you have that, you plug it into the system USB port on your particular model of radio. Then you have to do a system update, the start of which varies with the model of radio you have installed, and then it should work properly again.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is severely outdated, it isn't even a touchscreen. I was using a 4 gb flash drive formatted in FAT32 and still couldn't get it to work. It still kept saying the drive was empty when I plugged it into my vehicle.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have been really tempted to get one of the touch screen versions off ebay of our radios and drop it in. You need to get a low speed one. Its clips, and 4 screws, plug an play.

However, once you figure this out, will you post what you did. I would like to at least update the uconnect too.

·
Registered
9 Posts
OK, I got it to work. The file I downloaded is called uconnect.upn That is the only file on my usb drive.

Key to on, push the voice button, car responds (if the car does not respond then it says you have a different issue).

I say "Setup Software Update" and the radio says there is no disc, then flashed my current version, and goes back to fm

I had to try plugging in the usb a couple of different times into the slot int he glove compartment. It did not work the first 2 times.

third time, when I said "Setup Software Update" it then started the process and beeped occasionally for like 7 minutes or so, and then stopped and the fm came back on.

Key off, door open to turn off radio, then key back to on, and after saying the same phrase it showed that I updated it.

When I look at the properties of my usb drive it says Type: USB File system: FAT32

Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts