Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have an 08 Patriot Sport 4x4. I have the R16 Goodyear tires. I want to put a set of winter tires on. I've checked everywhere and it seems that I'm unable to get winter tires for my model without changing the rims and everything...

·
Registered
5,441 Posts
Snow tire choices are limited in the 205/70R16 size, but if you go one size up to 215/70R16 you'll find a few more choices. With the slight increase in size, you're speedometer will register 60 mph when you are actually going 61.2 mph. Hope that helps!

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Dunlop Grandtrek SJ6 Snow tires delivered for under $400 at TireRack. I just put 4 of them on and they are pretty aggressive and not loud at all. Same size as OEM

·
Registered
833 Posts
I think that I will recover the cost of my steel wheels in no time compared to the twice a year mounting and balancing charges with one set of wheels. I also believe that every time you remove a tire the TPMS sensor is subject to abuse.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have a 09 Pat. and got michelin x ice and steel wheels at costco. 215 70 R16, no fit issues and much quieter than the stock tires.

·
8,181 Posts
I've got 215-65-16 General Altimax Arctics on mine. Mine is only FWD but I can get anywhere I need to go . . . and home again (that's the hard part).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts