Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys, after just 4 weeks I managed to secure a great deal today to get rid of the Patriot.

Despite me trying to live with it I can't accept the crummy gas mileage.

Going back to a proper European Diesel that will get Town 45 MPG and Highway 60MPG.

Thanks for all the advise, the Petrol Pat just sucks in the UK.

I will NEVER buy Jeep again, once bitten, twice shy.

·
POTM Winner AUG. 09.
4,679 Posts
Well you gave it a try Simon , sad to see you go mate..... oooh what did you get??? ( just to be nosey!!

·
Premium Member
1,319 Posts
Yes, but don't forget, Simon, that those kind of cars are very lightweight vehicles; nothing like the size of a Patriot. All the European-made four-by-four diesels are all in the same sort of bracket as a Patriot. Many are worse. Freelanders are a couple of miles per gallon worse, so are Volvos. I don't know about Qashqais, but Yetis only claim the same sort of mileage.
All the stuff that you'll find doing sixty-per-gallon on the open highway certainly aren't biggish (for Europe) chunky, versatile cars like the Patriot. For the most part they're the kind of Green Party shoe-boxes that we're all being encouraged, sheep-like to drive around in. Notice though that our "Masters" don't go in for any of this tripe. How many party-leaders and civic dignitaries turned up in a Toyota Yaris or a Smart for the opening of parliament?
It's a case of sauce for the goose, but not me, hell, no, I'm a gander....

Rocal

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Guys, I ditched the whole 4 x4 thing and went back to what me and my wife know best a Citroen C4 Picasson Auto Diesel, perfect for our needs and way better quality in terms of trim and body fit and finish, and all for the price of 4 x Patriot Fill-ups to swap.

3 Insurance groups lower and 50% lower road tac, makes sense, I'll see a return in 3 month.

Ciao

·
Registered
814 Posts
just move up to the US or Canada

Well,Simon I'm sorry to read of your Jeep departure.Maybe one day you'll get tired of living in one of the most taxed nation in the World and you'll make it over the ocean to live here in the land of milk and honey.Good luck.

·
POTM Winner AUG. 09.
4,679 Posts
I love Ontario ( been to Niagra) I love the all year tropical weather , the total lack of any form of taxation & of course it Never snows....Paradise!!

All they need to do is Drive on the correct side of the road & it would be heaven....lol

·
Registered
229 Posts
Wow, that was quick.....
Why didn't you buy a Diesel version of this Jeep?

·
Registered
285 Posts
I hope you're happy with your new ride.

I bought my Patriot (despite ball joint scare stories :doh:) after lurking on this site for a while.

I've got to say that I'm totally happy with it and it's exceeded all my expectations, especially with the weather we are getting right now. (good time for you to sell).

I've got the diesel though. :D

·
POTM Winner AUG. 09.
4,679 Posts
The trouble is that the 2.4 & the CRD are almost like 2 completely different vehicles ---Its difficult to compare them!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts