Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I found out today that my U-Connect has decided to speak French. I have no idea how this happened. When I connected my phone originally the voice prompts were in English. Short of learning French or finding someone who speaks French, does any one know how to reset the voice prompts? I have a base sport with a base Non-touch screen radio.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Mine “speaks” Italian in the readout, but voice prompts are in English. I haven’t tried to change it, so I’m not goin to be much help there.

·
Super Moderator
5,376 Posts
How about this:

To change the language that the Uconnect™ Phone is using:

• Press the
button to begin.

• After the “Ready” prompt and the following beep, say the name of the language you wish to switch to English, Espanol, or Francais.

• Continue to follow the system prompts to complete the language selection.

·
Use the SEARCH feature
1,433 Posts
How about this:

To change the language that the Uconnect™ Phone is using:

• Press the View attachment 91124 button to begin.

• After the “Ready” prompt and the following beep, say the name of the language you wish to switch to English, Espanol, or Francais.

• Continue to follow the system prompts to complete the language selection.
This is how I changed mine when my wife somehow changed it to French one day.
Press the voice button and tell it to change language.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not sure how this worked but it did. I found an older post(sorry i can't find it again) from someone who had the same issue. Their fix was to hit the Uconnect button and then say "On-do Lee. the voice prompt then asked " would like to change the language." I tried it and it worked.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I'm not sure how this worked but it did. I found an older post(sorry i can't find it again) from someone who had the same issue. Their fix was to hit the Uconnect button and then say "On-do Lee. the voice prompt then asked " would like to change the language." I tried it and it worked.
Hello Merlin1027,
We are happy to hear your fellow forum member was able to assist you with your concern. If you ever have any questions or concerns in the future, please know our team is available if needed.
Laura
JeepCares

1 - 6 of 6 Posts