Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new to this forum and have a question about my beloved Jeep Patriot sport 4x4 2008 model.
It currently has 215/60 R17 tyres but they don't look like they belong. On investigation I found that 215/65 R17 tyres were the original tyre according to the internet. Thought I would ask a group of dedicated enthusiasts what they thought. Would my jeep take 215/65 R17 tyres? I need to get them replaced soon so want to check the size before I do this.

·
Administrator
6,192 Posts
Hi, new to this forum and have a question about my beloved Jeep Patriot sport 4x4 2008 model.
It currently has 215/60 R17 tyres but they don't look like they belong. On investigation I found that 215/65 R17 tyres were the original tyre according to the internet. Thought I would ask a group of dedicated enthusiasts what they thought. Would my jeep take 215/65 R17 tyres?
Yes, that's the size mine came with.

If you want to know what size yours came with originally, you can use your VIN to get a build sheet that will tell you:

Copy and paste the link below (minus quotes) into your browser , then replace the xxxx's.... with your 17 digit VIN and you should get your vehicle's build sheet in PDF format.
Letters are case sensitive. Don't include hyphen's.

"http://www.jeep.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yes, that's the size mine came with.

If you want to know what size yours came with originally, you can use your VIN to get a build sheet that will tell you:

Copy and paste the link below (minus quotes) into your browser , then replace the xxxx's.... with your 17 digit VIN and you should get your vehicle's build sheet in PDF format.
Letters are case sensitive. Don't include hyphen's.

"http://www.jeep.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
It currently has 215/60 R17 tyres but they don't look like they belong. On investigation I found that 215/65 R17 tyres were the original tyre according to the internet. Thought I would ask a group of dedicated enthusiasts what they thought. Would my jeep take 215/65 R17 tyres? I need to get them replaced soon so want to check the size before I do this.
On my Sport 4x4, I've had the Toyo Open Country A/T 2 (235/65R17) - with slight rub on full wheel lock, but not damaging. Time to replace, so I'm getting the BFG all-terrains at 225/65R17 today. Happy to report back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts