Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Afternoon from Spain!!
Since i bought my jeep in 2020 (2009 2.0 CRD Limited 4x4, 128.000kms) , the turbo has been making that typical whistle sound. As the car didn't show any misbehave, i decided to keep going until this last week. I noticed a not so big oil leak coming from the intercooler. Also my oil level has decreased and its now at mid. Im afraid i will need to change the turbo (?) IT doesnt drop oil to the roadway, but you can see an oil mark on the skid plate and bumper.

A new turbo is worth 980€ and a reconstruced one 380€ (guess i'll go for a reconstruced one). HAs someone here replaced the turbo? I know there is a video on youtube from a guy that extracts it from the top, but doesn't show how. I am a motorbike mechanic and my tools and equipment are limited (meaning i dont have big jacks, motor stands, lift...etc).

If someone know how to or has a website/video that explains please reply to this thread, i will be super happy!!

·
Registered
2017 Jeep Patriot 4x4
121 Posts
Hello and welcome to the group. I am not an expert regarding the Jeep Patriot all though I have had a few of them, and I don't believe they came with Turbo Chargers in the USA. But I am sure one of these Jeep people will have an answer for you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello and welcome to the group. I am not an expert regarding the Jeep Patriot all though I have had a few of them, and I don't believe they came with Turbo Chargers in the USA. But I am sure one of these Jeep people will have an answer for you.
Tomorrow i will try to upload photos of the turbo itself, but its not a big deal. Just a stock turbo from a vw engine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts