Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it too late to have my transmission fluid flushed and changed at 127,000 miles? My Jeep is whining when I accelerate. I bought it in 2017 at 90k miles and have not flushed trans fluids. I was afraid to at that high of mileage and now I am concerned. Thank you for your time and answers.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi, welcome to the forum.

Unless it's the trail rated FDII model ("L Off Road" on shifter) then you have the six speed automatic.

The fluid can be drained and refilled, but the filter isn't serviceable without at least partial disassembly.

If you're not sure which you have, you can use the VIN to get a factory build sheet that will tell you.

If you do have the FDII you can do a fluid drain / re-fill (machine flush isn't necessary) and change both filters any time, but if the fluid and filters have never been changed before there's a chance that mechanical damage has been done and a fluid and filter service unfortunately won't repair it.
Thank you so much for the information. My shifter does not have the markings you referred to, therefore I may have the 6. I will double check with my VIN. I greatly appreciate your help and time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts