Jeep Patriot Forums banner

61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
7,691 Posts
. . . could you brief on how to reach the newbie threads to ensure my introduction and introduce my self to others.
Click on the "Jeep Patriot" banner above. It takes you to the home page. The third option down is Newbie Check-in. After you click on that go to the right side of the screen where it says "Start a Discussion." Its just like you did here.

·
7,691 Posts
Can somebody explain the transmission slip a little better, like does that happen when switching gears
If you have the CVT there are no gears. It is normal for the CVT to rev a little on acceleration (maybe 3000RPMs) and then drop down to 2000RPMs at about 20-25MPH. It may vacillate a little at turnpike speeds depending on the grade, but never on the level unless you're pressing on the accelerator.

Slipping is when, for no reason the engine starts to rev but you're not going any faster. Particularly noticeable when starting up from a stop. That's why I included my first paragraph to help you avoid confusion. Also, slipping may happen when cruising on the highway it will suddenly jump up several hundred RPMs for no reason and then drop down again.

Basically, it should only rev on acceleration and you should feel a constant pull until you arrive at speed. It will be consistent, and not intermittent.

If you know what the CVT feels like normally, then the deviation will be quite obvious.

I hope my descriptions are helpful.

61 - 64 of 64 Posts