Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I own a 2012 Jeep Patriot Latitude Sport 4WD. The other day it started whining really loudly and wasn’t shifting properly. I put a scanner on it and it threw the code P0777: “Pressure Solenoid B Stuck On”. I know these transmissions are terrible, but can this part be replaced or is a new transmission required?

·
Administrator
2014 2.0 5-spd FWD
8,896 Posts
Jeep has an agreement with Jatco (the CVT manufacturer) to replace and not repair these transmissions. However, you may find an independent transmission shop or a Nissan dealer. Nissan used the same transmissions.

And Welcome to the forum! Maybe others can offer more/better advice than I can. That's what we're here for.

·
Administrator
6,738 Posts
Hey guys, I own a 2012 Jeep Patriot Latitude Sport 4WD. The other day it started whining really loudly and wasn’t shifting properly. I put a scanner on it and it threw the code P0777: “Pressure Solenoid B Stuck On”. I know these transmissions are terrible, but can this part be replaced or is a new transmission required?

They're terrible when they haven't been properly maintained. Since you have a 2012, and haven't mentioned a fluid and filter change being done, I'll presume it's never had one.

If so, consider changing the fluid and BOTH filters. It's a gamble at this stage, but you might get lucky and keep it on the road a while longer.

Otherwise, it will likely be a replacement/rebuild.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts