Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I have a 2011 Pat sprt with close 125K miles, never had a transmission issue. Kept maintinance pretty good and to the bare minimum. Should I expect transmission to go out and quit soon? tic toc tic toc? Never done anything to transmission, not even fluid check/swap. Please write your opinions and experiences. Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
5,642 Posts
All things break down over time, and faster without proper maintenance.

At that mileage your transmission fluid and filters should have been changed at least twice.

I'd do it asap.

·
8,422 Posts
Ditto Sandstone. My first CVT did not get maintenance and didn't last as long as yours. It failed at 110,000 miles. Thankfully it was replaced under the lifetime warranty. That one got its fluid & filters changed every 50,000 miles and soldiered on to 275,000.

The recommended service interval in the owners manual is OTL. By their definition almost every Patriot is in severe service. Being operated at temperatures at or below freezing is one of their criteria. How many Patriots in the US stay above 32F? I'm not sure about the high range, but CVTs that make a long run at 90+F will scream, and that means the fluid is breaking down. If that happens get it changed ASAP, regardless of your miles. Go to a shop. Go directly to a shop. Do not pass GO, do not collect $200. 😕

1 - 3 of 3 Posts