Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help!!! The other day on the way to work, it kicked then the traction control light came on and it went into limp mode. I turned it off and it drove fine for the next 2 days. Then sat it happened again. I turned it off and it drove for a short distance and happened again. Got to the point it would not make in 50 yards. I was on here (great site!!!) and saw the posts saying that it sounded like the throttle control body. I replaced the throttle control body. When I started it again it ran very ruff but at least made it home. Today I started it again and it seemed to work fine, for about an hour and it just happened again. Any thoughts? It has 132,000 miles and I am thinking it maybe the end of the line for the car. It's paid off so I hate to get rid of it, but everyone around me is saying it sounds like electrical gremlins. I recently changed out the left multifunctional switch because I drove home one night with no lights, blinkers, windshield wipers, haz lights - nothing. Disconnected the battery and it came back on (thanks to this website). Help! Is it time to get rid of it???

·
Premium Member
3,453 Posts
it's a 2009 patriot if that helps
probably cheaper to put $1K into it and get another year before new car payments....I've got 117,000+ with no problems on an '08.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree, I just put tires on it. I really hoped it would last for more than 132,000 miles. I was hoping someone on here had a similar issue.

·
Banned
859 Posts
For the T/C light, check your abs sensors. one of those might be going south on you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks!

I just heard back from my mechanic and he thinks it's the transmission that's going bad :-(

·
Banned
859 Posts
another CVT bites the dust. are they covering the repairs?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts