Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have found a set of tires and rims from discount tire that I'll be purchasing soon. Will they know to use the TPMS valve stems? Or does it not matter if you have em or not? I own a 2016 patriot base model

·
7,602 Posts
I have found a set of tires and rims from discount tire that I'll be purchasing soon. Will they know to use the TPMS valve stems? Or does it not matter if you have em or not? I own a 2016 patriot base model
I'm guessing not, but they are on our forum, so why not PM them?
Does it matter? 1) Only if you can ignore the silly little idiot light, and 2) Do you need it for state inspection? My state won't pass you with any warnings on the dashboard.

·
Premium Member
3,453 Posts
I believe TPMS is now a federal requirement on all cars for at least the last 5-10 years. Any tire dealer worth his salt should know enough to ask how you want to handle this issue. But, of course, it won't hurt to ask...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I shot them a pm thanks for the replys @Ignatz I'm in NY they're awful about inspections any kind of light is a no pass and you have to pay for the inspection then when you fix the problem it's another $10 fee bs

·
7,602 Posts
. . . then when you fix the problem it's another $10 fee bs
That may depend on the garage you go to. My local guy and my dealer usually give me the option. If I'm up against the end of the month they give a 'no pass' sticker that still gives 10 days to accomplish the repair. Usually theyll charge the first time, even if its a failure and if its a light they'll give me a chance to bring it back with the light off. My check engine light comes and goes like the tide. Sometime in October or November (my inspection month) it will probably be out and I'll usually go to my local guy and get it done same day. If I know what it is and I want it done, I'll go to my dealer. They're pretty good at finding those pesky problems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts