Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the OEM CH4100 Aftermarket DVD/Nav System an have connected the video Out to my new Torpedo Projector I got from Compusa and plugged it into my outlet between the seats. Now I can park set my projector on the dash or on the roof with the sunroof open. The projector makes my car a drive in anywhere I find to pull up to with a light background.

Attachments

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ohhh....you HAVE TO attach a photo to this thread

:worthless:
I did its a thumbnail above.

Hard to take pictures in the dark but look closely

·
Off Road Enthusiast
1,391 Posts
Great idea! From an aftermarket standpoint, wouldn't it be cool if the trim "square" on top of the center dash, could open upward on the windshield side to expose a hidden projector?!?! Then you just need a screen of some kind that could attach to the front of the hood, or it could have a mode to long-throw for a separate screen, if you had friends and wanted to sit outside. A whole new world of possibilities!

Could you get some pics of the projector setup inside the vehicle, and maybe a pic of the screen from inside? You don't HAVE to shoot with flash on, it'll just take a few seconds of open shutter to get a dark pick, so setting the camera on something when you shoot is best (tripod, dash). Sorry, you might know all of this, just some pointers depending on your camera.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes I am planning to take many new pictures in the next couple days. Actually a screen is nice but it is not really required as just pulling up to a building that is light colored works fine. Sound comes through my speakers in the car and the car doesnt have to be cranked to run the projector just turned on. Ran 2 hour movie first night no battery problems. At first my intenet was to open the sunroof and sit the projector on top of the car. HOWEVER, after playing around I found it worked just as well with the projector sitting on top of the square center dash projecting through the glass. I am going to add a vintage drive in speaker wired into the audio in on my system just for looks and true nostalgia...

·
Registered
31 Posts
haha i really like this idea!

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Very nice idea. It's my first time to know a mod like that. :smiley_thumbs_up::smiley_thumbs_up:

·
Premium Member
507 Posts
Very R2D2'ish... I'm only a day late on that comment...

·
Registered
72 Posts
Why would someone want to sit in a jeep watching a movie? Poor sound and crappy resolution? Are you homeless?

·
Registered
5 Posts
CH4100 Question

Hello I also have that same aftermarket stero and the GPS.

Have you been able to modify the GPS software?
if so, could you advise me on how to ?

thank you!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts