Jeep Patriot Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
I got my 2016 High Altitude with a 2.4L about 5 wks ago and almost immediately did the K&N filter charger kit and a Magna Flow cat back exhaust system. I really haven't pushed it for top speed but I have done several acceleration passes using the 6 speed shift and just in the D mode too. Not sure if I'll do a chip next or one of those voltage stabilizer kits. Are those plugs factory or did you put them in ?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I put them in, wanted to see if the change made a difference 🤔Did it? I can't detect any 🤔

·
7,712 Posts
I think these engines are pretty well maxed out at the factory. If there were cheap & easy ways to boost power and/or fuel economy by adding chips, gizmos or anything else, FCA would have done it from the get-go. They've got a room full of engineers with college degrees working on getting more & better performance. We aren't living in the 1950s anymore when a shade-tree mechanic could really play around. Now we have computers that have these engines tuned to the max. The Patriot engines are putting out well more than 1hp/CID -- even NASCAR is only getting 2hp/CID.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Interesting you brought that point up, as a few days ago I was reading an article on the death of the car culture in America. One of the points brought up in the piece mentioned that due to the lack of tinkering under the hood of cars was one contributing factor (one of many) of the death of car culture.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I put them in, wanted to see if the change made a difference 🤔Did it? I can't detect any 🤔
I've got iridium plugs in mine too. I wasn't expecting any performance gains and I didn't see any. I'm just hoping to get a few extra miles out of them.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have the European 2.2L Diesel with supposed top speed of 125mph. Fastest I've ever been is about 105mph and the only reason I didn't go any faster was because at that speed if there were cops or a speed camera then I'd be totally screwed!

I've had my Patriot's engine remapped and it goes pretty quick from 60-100 on the flat. So the 105mph was no struggle at all and I would love to push it even more to hit the 120 mark!

Unfortunately there are speed cameras all over the UK roads, especially "smart motorways." I really disagree with all this intrusion but the way it is!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts