Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious of the top speed u have gotten with your Patriots....For me it was

93 mph on flat ground, no wind assist and I had plenty of pedal left

·
Registered
157 Posts
Last summer driving Idaho if you were doing lest then 85 M.P.H. You would have a change of getting run over by a truck.

·
Registered
157 Posts

·
7,691 Posts
My Garmin says 174MPH!!! But in reality probably half that.

Did you ever check the maximum speed on your Garmin? My Wife is a very conservative driver and is the primary driver of our 2014 Patriot and that shows a similarly high speed -- I'm guessing in the 160s.. Not sure how these gizmos generated those sorts of numbers.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Better yet, what kind of gas mileage do y'all get while highway driving your Patriot?
The best I have recorded is 28mph- these jeeps really rev high- around 3k is cruising range here in FL highways, or else you will get passed frequently about 80mph

·
7,691 Posts
Better yet, what kind of gas mileage do y'all get while highway driving your Patriot?
The best I have recorded is 28mph- these jeeps really rev high- around 3k is cruising range here in FL highways, or else you will get passed frequently about 80mph
I've managed low 30s with my FWD 2008 2.4 CVT. Wifey's FWD 2014 Patriot with the 2.0 5-spd is always over 30MPG and into the mid-30s when driven easy on a long trip. I rarely drive over 70MPH and that rarely, but fuel economy does indeed drop at that speed.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ive hit 115mph a few times and then the limiter kicked in. It handled pretty good except for the punch you feel when passing a semi at that speed. But on the daily i usually doing 85-95mph and getting 20-22mpg.

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
I had my'08 with the cvt up to 100mph a couple times trying to see how fast someone else was going, lots of room left rpm wise considering the 6k redline.

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
4,541 Posts
Me and a friend were coming back from Indianapolis one night in late 2013 and got mine up to 112mph on a surprisingly empty stretch of I-196....only time I've seen it with no one else around. Then like 5 minutes or less afterward we got pulled over doing 85mph, still nobody else on the road except apparently a lone state trooper going the other way. Only gave a ticket for 80mph though.

As for mpg, I tend to get 27ish most times I measure it(road trips), unless it's heavily loaded or alot of hills, in which case 22-23mpg, or once buzzing across the Texas panhandle and northern New Mexico on I-40 in heavy crosswinds I got 24mpg. Then two days later eastbound on I-10 and I-20 got 30-32mpg with a slight tailwind.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
2.4 motor, no mods and run iridium spark plugs. Front end got a bit light running over 90, but nothing of a concern.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts