Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put snows on my 09 patriot and changed from 215 65 17 to 215 60 17
now my tpms light is on and I have read some other threads saying other sensors could be off. Did I just screw myself?
Is the dealer going to be unhappy?

·
Registered
12,876 Posts
Without knowing how manly LBs of air in the new tires, how do you know anything is wrong? Check the air in the tires, inflate them to where they need to be, and then see if it goes off.

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Were the tpms valve stem/sensors transferred from all four of the previous tires, or were new ones installed with the snow tires?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Noooooo..... guess my shop wasn't aware that.
Any easy way to change that besides taking the tire off the rim? probly not eh

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
so, your snow rims don't have TPMS sensors in them, right?

Don't worry about it. Just get used to the dinging and the flashing. It's not that bad.

Or buy new sensors (you'll have a heart attack when you see what the dealer wants for them).

·
2012 POTY
6,154 Posts
I'm a little confused here. Did you buy a new set of wheels with new tires or just new tires on your old rims? If rims are the same, TMPS sensors should have remained in them regardless of your new tires. BTW, new aftermarket TPMS are $140 on tirerack.

·
Registered
822 Posts
I don't think they have to totally remove the tire from the rim to put in TPMS sensors. I believe that they just need to push the side of the tire towards the middle or other side of the wheel where they want to put in the TPMS sensor. But, sensors operate on different frequencies or some such, and your vehicle's computer may need to be introduced to your replacement TPMS sensors by the dealer's computer update person.

Then, you may need to get your tires rebalanced.

Ain't technology wunnerful?

Merry Christmas

·
Registered
146 Posts
Rock Auto has the TPMS sensors (Part # 974001) for $24.79 each. Same part number, regardless of engine and trim models.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
as long as the dealer doesn't care I don't care.
Got though 12 years of driving without tire sensors so far!

·
Registered
5,441 Posts
Or buy four new TPMS sensors and figure out how to put them in a box that will hold 35psi of air :p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts