Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all was driving the other day and may patriot acted like it wanted to stall flashed the red lighting bolt but it went off quickly and resumed as normal. When I looked up the light on Google it said it could be throttle control sensor throttle body or wiring going to it. It's a 2014 with almost 100,000 miles. How common are these issues? My wife drove it yesterday to run errands it was fine I do have an appointment with the dealer Monday to diagnose it. But I was wondering if you guys would give me some advice and what to look for if the dealer try's to say there is something wrong but I if it doesn't happen again before or on the way there which way should I go because I know it can get expensive and sometimes dealer will reccomend stuff that doesn't need done not all but some. Thanks.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Mine did that and it was the gear inside. Usually a common problem. Surprised you got 100,000mi. without it. The throttle body is about $200 for a decent one. The dealership will charge an arm and a leg. It is a repair you can do yourself. The sensor is integral to the throttle body and cannot be replaced separate, so if it's not the wiring, the whole thing has to go.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine did that and it was the gear inside. Usually a common problem. Surprised you got 100,000mi. without it. The throttle body is about $200 for a decent one. The dealership will charge an arm and a leg. It is a repair you can do yourself. The sensor is integral to the throttle body and cannot be replaced separate, so if it's not the wiring, the whole thing has to go.
Thanks for the reply we have been driving it with no other issues yet thanks for the information I will look at it on YouTube if it doesn't look like something I can handle I'll buy a throttle body and take it to our local small shop they have reasonable prices. :):)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts