Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! Hope everyone is well. I’m about to replace the throttle body on my 2014 patriot 2.4. I’m wondering if anyone has the wiring schematic for the plug. The last person to do it put an journey throttle body on and changed to a different connector. Any help is appreciated

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all! Hope everyone is well. I’m about to replace the throttle body on my 2014 patriot 2.4. I’m wondering if anyone has the wiring schematic for the plug. The last person to do it put an journey throttle body on and changed to a different connector. Any help is appreciated
Somehow i have the same issue. My 2014 Patriot OEM TB was replaced with Dodge journey's TB. I'm not confident with reading the diagram. I have the OEM wiring harness, but all the wires on it are the same purple color. Can you help me understand which wire goes to which pin?

Thank You

EDIT: Nevermind. I think I got it figured out. Its really weird though - we have the exact same vehicle (2014 Jeep Patriot 2.4), and have the exact same situation (Dodge Journey TB and wiring harness installed).

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
To help others who might find this throttle body thread, here are more recent threads that addresses some of the wiring confusion. The newest replacement throttle bodies include an all purple wire harness with different pin plug that needs to be spliced into the OEM wiring harness.
1.) NEW (factory) Throttle body installed & red...

2).
and......3.) Throttle body wiring (This one)

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
So just trying to verify the 2014 wiring diagram applies to the New Connector(3 Pins on top/3 Pins on bottom)?
The confusion continues, lol. The "new" throttle body connector ( #68420395AB ) has a single row of pins, 1 through 6.

NEW CONNECTOR 68420395AB

Bicycle part Automotive lighting Cable Auto part Bumper

OLD CONNECTOR 4891735AD

Product Automotive tire Font Rim Auto part

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Man thanks for that schematic, Throttle Body woes are finally over and I’m back on the road!
You quoted/thanked me, but credit for the schematics and a huge amount of other awsome information here goes to Sandstone! Lots of great people here.

·
Registered
2008 Jeep Patriot Ltd 2.4 auto
5 Posts
Man thanks for that schematic, Throttle Body woes are finally over and I’m back on the road!
hi, Ive replaced my TB and 10mths later car kept going into limp mode while hot in traffic, managed to get it home but now it wont come out of limp mode. My TB connector clip is broken on one side i'm wondering if thats causing a weak connection? whats the best way to test my connector? and were you having similar issues? Ive tried disconecting the battery overnight but as soon as i start it up it goes into limp mode again .. any help as I cant drive it anywhere.. thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts