Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 Patriot and got the throttle body replaced about 3 years ago after my car suddenly started jolting and shutting off after coming to a stop. About 2 years ago I had the spark plugs replaced due to the Jeep not accelerating after reaching about 25-30 mph. Earlier this year, I noticed my Jeep jolting when idling and while driving. The RPM needle would dump like crazy while driving and it would be difficult to accelerate. I continued to drive it for about a month or two. One day a month or two ago while entering the highway going from 30-65 mph the car began to jolt aggressively and I could not accelerate past 25 mph. I was forced to drive in the emergency lane to take an exit to instead take the backroads. Took it to the shop and was told the spark plugs misfired. Had the spark plugs replaced and everything was back to normal but now, 2-3 months later, I am experiencing the early stages once again. The Jeep is jolting when idling and while driving. The RPM jumps quite often. It seems like when the A/C is on it gets 10x’s worse but I am still able to accelerate. What could be the issue?! (P.S. I’m at 132,213 miles currently) Any advice/help would be appreciated!!

·
Super Moderator
8,817 Posts
Just a guess, but maybe a bad coil pack? Misfire under acceleration is a classic symptom of a coil problem. Are you getting any codes?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts