Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i go to unlock my Jeep real quick to retrieve something, the lights STAY ON... so i have to run around to the drivers seat and toggle the headlights off manually.. i know they turn off eventually but its annoying as hell

·
Registered
429 Posts
hi!!

some people like you, turns off manually. In other hand, a lot of people likes that function to iluminate the parking lot, their garage at night...

I don´t care about it. The only negative thing IMO, is the battery. And yes, I always turn off the lights. I don´t start the engine with the lights in "on".

But you can change this function if your pat is limited with EVIC. If you don´t have EVIC, you need to go and ask the dealer to reprogram the Pat with the starscan.

regards.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Also you can reprogram this function using the keyfob (as indicated in the manual)

·
POTM November 2008
8,921 Posts
25D.......I never have that problem.:D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Me too....

I had my dealer turn that function off. What REALLY annoys me is walking or driving through a parking lot and seeing the back-up lights come on a parked car, stopping, then realizing there's no one in it - - it's the remote unlocking activated. Glad we don't have that. (or blinding blue headlights, either.):icon_rolleyes:

·
Registered
429 Posts
Also you can reprogram this function using the keyfob (as indicated in the manual)
sorry, but you can´t if you don´t have the EVIC.

in the manual, you can read it. You can program a lot of things, but you can´t turn off the lights when you unlock your pat or any mopar (chrysler, jeep, dodge and ram) without EVIC.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I had my dealer turn that function off. What REALLY annoys me is walking or driving through a parking lot and seeing the back-up lights come on a parked car, stopping, then realizing there's no one in it - - it's the remote unlocking activated. Glad we don't have that. (or blinding blue headlights, either.):icon_rolleyes:
Ummm only my headlights come on.... my taillights only come on if the headlight switch is actually on, not just if I unlock it.

I only have the 'see me home' setting on when I do a few night works in a row, In daily life there is no point.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
They will go off after 60 or 90 seconds. No need to turn the light switch on then off.

EVIC = Electronic Vehicle Information Center

It's an option that shows you more things with the vehicle and lets to control/change some settings like the headlights on with unlock of this topic.

·
POTM November 2008
8,921 Posts
EVIC, a much better choice than GM's DIC. (driver information center)

·
Registered
397 Posts
if you don't want the lights to stay on...unlock it manually??

·
Registered
43 Posts
I don't have the evic. I dont want the horn to sound when I lock the car with my remote. Do I have to take it to the dealer to get this change done? I could find no info in the owners manual for non evic owners.

·
POTM Winner AUG. 09.
4,679 Posts
I'm sure all this info is in your Driver Information Book or Disc ---Read It!!!---If you havn't got one ,, get one!!!!

·
Registered
142 Posts
I don't have the evic. I dont want the horn to sound when I lock the car with my remote. Do I have to take it to the dealer to get this change done? I could find no info in the owners manual for non evic owners.
Check the manual under the 'programming the key fob' section. Unless they've changed it for the '11s, you have to press and hold the lock button on the fob for at least 4 seconds, then press the 'panic' button, then release both simultaneously. You might have to try it a couple of times to get the sequence right. I usually keep mine turned off, since it's quiet enough in our rural location that I can hear the lock engage when I hit the button. I turn it back on when we travel to 'civilization', and the ambient noise level increases. I find it useful to have it turned on then, especially when it won't lock due to some interference in store parking lots (probably their security systems).

·
Off Road Enthusiast
1,391 Posts
if you don't want the lights to stay on...unlock it manually??
In an effort to make the vehicle less expensive, they neglected to place and RFID reader in the key lock (which is also ONLY on the driver's side). This means the key is not verified, and the alarm will sound when the door opens.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Check the manual under the 'programming the key fob' section. Unless they've changed it for the '11s, you have to press and hold the lock button on the fob for at least 4 seconds, then press the 'panic' button, then release both simultaneously. You might have to try it a couple of times to get the sequence right. I usually keep mine turned off, since it's quiet enough in our rural location that I can hear the lock engage when I hit the button. I turn it back on when we travel to 'civilization', and the ambient noise level increases. I find it useful to have it turned on then, especially when it won't lock due to some interference in store parking lots (probably their security systems).
I can't find it in the owners manual, though I haven't looked at the cd that came with my Jeep, just the downloaded manual off the Jeep website. I'll try the cd and see what it says. Thanks.

·
Registered
189 Posts
hi!!

some people like you, turns off manually. In other hand, a lot of people likes that function to iluminate the parking lot, their garage at night...

I don´t care about it. The only negative thing IMO, is the battery. And yes, I always turn off the lights. I don´t start the engine with the lights in "on".

But you can change this function if your pat is limited with EVIC. If you don´t have EVIC, you need to go and ask the dealer to reprogram the Pat with the starscan.

regards.
I believe the lights turn off as soon as you turn the key, so turning them off before turning the key is not needed.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts