Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys im new here...this is my first post. I just bought a 2014 jeep patriot sport fwd 4x2....it came with the stock steel 16 inch rims.....i want bigger offroad tires, can i put them on the stock rims? i will lift it eventually, but i want tires firstt.....thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,906 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
This is actually something I am going to be looking into a few months down the road for my Patriot as well. I would like my Patriot to have much better ground clearance, and while I am getting new and better tires, I definitely want to give it a good lift. From what it sounds like, the lift kit offered by Rocky Road Outfitters is the best way to go. I was also expecting it to be more expensive than that, too.

With all that said and done, with a 16" rim, what kinds of tires would people here suggest after this kind of lift was done? Since I am not confident in my own ability yet to take a wrench to my Patriot, I am guessing it would be a relatively simple matter to take the kit to a local auto shop and get them to install it.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Echo, for your model year the best lift option would be the Stu coils. There is absolutely nothing bad to say about it. No alignment issues, no vibrations and you don't get sagging rear.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Just more moola ($$$).

·
2012 POTY
6,148 Posts
For me extra $150 was worth spending knowing I'm not getting the headache that comes with RRO. I've seen what people experienced and didn't want to be in their shoes. Plus I listened to recommendations from people like Worm who had both lifts and swore by Stu's. Having the lift for almost a year I can't be happier. It's up to him how he spends his money.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Echo, for your model year the best lift option would be the Stu coils. There is absolutely nothing bad to say about it. No alignment issues, no vibrations and you don't get sagging rear.

I am kind of new to the idea of lifts. What makes the Stu coils better than the RRO lift kit? You mentioned there were headaches involved with the RRO?

I also agree, I would rather spend the extra money and know I am getting a good deal and no headaches. It will be at least a few months before I can consider a lift, though, so I will not be deciding for sure for quite some time. Doesn't mean I can't start my research though. :)

Wow, I really like your channel! I am definitely subscribing. :D I noticed on your blog you have one of those fancy cameras attached to the bumper of your Pat at some points. How did you mount the thing? (Or should that be a discussion for a different thread? lol)

·
Registered
7,465 Posts
I am kind of new to the idea of lifts. What makes the Stu coils better than the RRO lift kit? You mentioned there were headaches involved with the RRO?

I also agree, I would rather spend the extra money and know I am getting a good deal and no headaches. It will be at least a few months before I can consider a lift, though, so I will not be deciding for sure for quite some time. Doesn't mean I can't start my research though. :)

Wow, I really like your channel! I am definitely subscribing. :D I noticed on your blog you have one of those fancy cameras attached to the bumper of your Pat at some points. How did you mount the thing? (Or should that be a discussion for a different thread? lol)
go pro has a ton of accessories, one of which is a suction mount. I am thinking of putting a hard mount there... or getting a bull bar and welding a mount on. We'll see where the $$ lay after christmas.

·
Registered
42 Posts
go pro has a ton of accessories, one of which is a suction mount. I am thinking of putting a hard mount there... or getting a bull bar and welding a mount on. We'll see where the $$ lay after christmas.
Oooh, okay. Sounds simple enough. I'll have to check out their site and see what they have available. I'd love to get one of those Go Pro's and use it on my Pat, Kayak, and Bike. Do you use yours a lot? You have a lot of videos; are most of them done on the Go Pro?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.