Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if I started something when I bought my 2017 75th anniversary Patriot :) My wife was not a fan of getting another Jeep but it was going to be my car for work and camping so home it came. We both had 2001 XJ's new and that was the last Jeep she liked. Her car is a 2015 Chrysler 200 AWD fully loaded. Good car and gets us through the Adirondack winters without a fuss. My wife has a medical condition and does not drive much so we are always taking the Patriot when we go places since I do most of the driving. A lot of times I drive the 22 miles to work and then my wife will take it and go to appointments or art classes etc. Yesterday she came back to my office and said " I want one". She likes the visibility and agility around town. Even the dog prefers the Patriot to the 200 :) Of course she has a list of "must haves" with the 2 big ones being a back up camera and it has to be white. It also has to be a new leftover or a low mile certified preowned. The 200 goes in for service on Thursday so I will be chatting with a salesman. Another convert.

Reactions: RonD

·
Registered
185 Posts
Do it now before she changes her mind. Those Chrysler 200's have a horrible reputation for poor quality. Run away as fast as you can if you value your money.

·
8,181 Posts
I had a 200 for a loaner. It rode comfortably for a small car which is probably how they sell so many, but it had less guts than a Patriot. I pulled out in front of a plow and wished I hadn't. I fully expected to make it shrink in my rear-view mirror. That didn't happen very quickly.

My FWD Patriot was much better in the snow than the 200 -- I used to have a long driveway with a hill and a curve. It was a challenge for the 200 and also for an AWD Honda CRV I had for loaners. FWD Patriot was better than both.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2017 High Altitude comes home Tuesday!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is home

Attachments

Reactions: Sandstone

·
8,181 Posts
Way to go! I hope its good to you. In the unlikely event that you have problems you know where to come.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Nice! And the Boss looks happy too! As the latest Jeep commercial says...Long live winter❄

1 - 9 of 9 Posts