Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Username: Captainrobb1
Year: 2014
Make: Jeep
Model: Patriot
Trim: Sport 4x4
Color: White

Riot Trooper is the nickname i gave her
I am more then happy to take suggestions or questions. I know shes mostly stock but you gotta start somewhere.
any hyperlinks in the thread link to a specific thread about that mod/accessory

Interior:

Stock

Exterior:

Weathertech Vent Visors installed July 2014
Custom made safari basket installed September 2014

Suspension & Tires:

Stock

Performance:

Stock

In Progress:

Turning the spare tire area to a storage area
Custom waterproof fuse/relay box

Future:
T.A.G front and back bumpers
Skid plates
RRO Lift kit
muffler delete/back tip mod
TJ disconnects

·
Registered
112 Posts
right on, exciting build list, I have always wanted the TAG bumper system but living in northern Canada, not feasible for shipping costs and what not.

·
Registered
112 Posts
That has crossed my mind as well, would need to be a couple day road trip for me, could be fun though

·
Premium Member
3,289 Posts
Going there to get it installed sounds like a good idea. Between all the missing bolts and parts I still don't have the skid or fog lights installed. At least they only have to walk across their shop if they forget something... Lol

·
Premium Member
3,289 Posts
thank you and rcguymike, you have the TAG bumpers installed? what do you think of them?
If I had to do them again I'd go to a local metal shop and get a quote. They took 7+ months to get, had missing hardware and a fog light, no instructions but overall they seem pretty good. All of the important welds seem professional but there are a few less important welds that seem sloppy, but at least seem to have good coverage. The cutouts for accessories and stuff also are pretty ragged. If I had time before winter I might have ground some areas and re-bedlined them. The biggest gripe is customer service, I was told many times, since April, that they would be done in a couple weeks and it didn't come, then when it arrived the skid plate had the wrong mounting holes on the bottom so I have been driving with my radiator, some wiring and cooling pipes exposed. They did FedEx me the missing fog light and a new skid plate but I am still missing hardware and the 2nd skid plate has a mysterious, again ragged, cutout in the top where it should mount to the center bottom of the bumper. I emailed them and they said it's a new update, but I'm not sure what on earth it could be for... If I had to grade them they'd get a D for customer service C for finish, a B for fit and a B for estimated strength/function.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts