Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys im having a issue with a jeep patriot i think i must of damaged a wire while struggling to remove and replace this maniverter. Im getting a code for p0017 crank cam correlation and p0197 Eot sensor. While doing some test i notice after removing the oil temp sensor connector that the signal was only getting 2.5 volts. Did some research and i believe it should be 5 volts with the connector off. I disconnected the harness from computer and tested for continuity back to the connector and that seemed fine. While messing around i disconnected the cam position sensor 1/2 and the 5 volts to the Eot came back. I thought i found the problem thinking the cam sensor was shorted out internally. I happened to have another cam i bought from autozone plugged it in but the voltage dropped again to eot sensor. Looking at the wiring diagram i know the eot and cam share the same brown and white ground going back to the computer. The only thing i didnt check was the crank sensor that shares the same pink and yellow 5volt reference wire and the throttle body. But my question is can a shorted 5 volt reference wire affect a signal wire going to the eot sensor that should have 5 volt when disconnected View attachment 94023 View attachment 94024

1 - 1 of 1 Posts