Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
2012 POTY
6,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We've all had those questions where the answers seem so obvious, but you just can't be sure that you're actually right. So in an effort to keep these questions from creating pages full of redundant threads in the forum, just ask them here. If you know the answer, quote the question in your response.

In addition, if you need to search this thread for something asked within it without searching the entire forum, you can do so at the top of this post by clicking "Search this Thread" button.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
why didn't they sell the diesel engine in the US?

why did i just have to remove the front bumper to replace an indicator lens?

·
Fiat Cherokar
3,098 Posts
Why do MK's suspensions suck so bad when you lift them and abuse them offroad?

·
Fiat Cherokar
3,098 Posts

·
2012 POTY
6,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You guys are missing the point of the thread. This should replace those common topics we get daily about what kind of lift exists for Patriots or what's the biggest size tires can I put on the Patriot, etc. Not the rhetorical questions you guys posted that nobody has an answer to.

·
Registered
282 Posts
You guys are missing the point of the thread. This should replace those common topics we get daily about what kind of lift exists for Patriots or what's the biggest size tires can I put on the Patriot, etc. Not the rhetorical questions you guys posted that nobody has an answer to.
I get the idea of the keeping all these questions in one thread, but I think a new name needs to be given. If I'm new to modding the Patriot, which I still am, I'm not going to look for my answers in a thread with "Stupid Questions". There's always the questions that get asked most often, and to those that have been around a while, it may be a "stupid question" because it's been seen so often. But to someone new, it's a legitimate question that they would like an answer to.

Maybe the thread should be called "The Official Jeep Patriot "Commonly Asked Question Thread"". I think that may bring in more new people to check it out. And if it gets stickied, then it will be all the better. Thoughts?

·
Registered
824 Posts
I agree. Do a prominent FAQ section instead of telling new people that their question, and that by extension, they are stupid.
I agree on the FAQ seems like it would work way better then this. Thing is you run into people that don't look around and that's where 90% of the "stupid" questions come from.

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
4,552 Posts
Would lengthening the control arms and bigger axles allow us to put a bigger suspension lift in?
That's pretty much what I wanna do with mine when I can afford to. RRO told me it'd need a full solid axle/drivetrain swap or something like that, but I can't shake the idea that extending the suspension arms, tie rods, etc. would do the trick. Never thought about bigger axles, but it probably couldn't hurt.

·
Fiat Cherokar
3,098 Posts
Better quality CV axles, would be a start I the right direction, if I can get some i'll add stu's coils to my RRO lift.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts