Jeep Patriot Forums banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Man... my CRD is getting it's 2nd new turbo... wtf

i keep telling the dealer to swap the wastegate solenoid valve (n75 solenoid as known on the VW jetta's and golf's) but they won't listen.

been at the dealers now for 3 weeks!

·
Registered
285 Posts
I've got 50,000 miles now so thought I would change the oil in the gearbox (transmission). It's the 6-speed Aisin BG6 on the diesel engine. I can't figure out if it's supposed to be gear oil or ATF+4.

Any recommendations for the Aisin BG6?

I do the RDA and the PTU at the same time? I think it supposed to be 80W/90 non synthetic but not sure.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Well I got some good info from the Morris 4 x 4 Centre.

The 6 speed manual Aisin BG6 does indeed use ATF +4 with a capacity of 2 litres.

The PTU and RDA uses non synthetic 80W/90 GL5 gear oil with 0.6 litres in each (which doesn't seem much).

Another thing is that the antifreeze in the diesel should be Glysantin G30-91.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 · (Edited)
Clutch aftermarket replacement codes for 2.0 CRD:

SACHS (Germany)

Clutch kit (disc and pressure plate) : 3000 970 011
Release bearing (hydraulic) : 3182 600 154
Flywheel : 2294 000 514
Crankshaft seal : VW Audi 038103171S

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Well I got some good info from the Morris 4 x 4 Centre.

The 6 speed manual Aisin BG6 does indeed use ATF +4 with a capacity of 2 litres.

The PTU and RDA uses non synthetic 80W/90 GL5 gear oil with 0.6 litres in each (which doesn't seem much).

Another thing is that the antifreeze in the diesel should be Glysantin G30-91.
@ Dane :
true about the transmission fluids.
my dealer offered me mercedes benz ATF oil for the aisin bg6,as they said mopar stopped shippments as they are tied to fiat now.
my dealer is a mercedes benz dealer and used to be an official chrysler jeep dodge dealer as they were tied to daimler.
they don't sell jeeps anymore,but they keep on servicing (not warranties though).
they said the mercedes benz ATF is better quality than mopar ATF +4 and that they've been using it successfully for quite some time.
what do you think?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi

I took my 2.2 CRD for its first service last week. After I got the car home I noticed the wheels had not been rotated as the service schedule advises. Wanting to check that other items had been done I checked the oil which is still clean on the dipstick but can someone please tell where the oil filter is on the Mercedes engine. Is it on top of the block under the plastic cover tray?

·
Registered
285 Posts
@ Dane :
true about the transmission fluids.
my dealer offered me mercedes benz ATF oil for the aisin bg6,as they said mopar stopped shippments as they are tied to fiat now.
my dealer is a mercedes benz dealer and used to be an official chrysler jeep dodge dealer as they were tied to daimler.
they don't sell jeeps anymore,but they keep on servicing (not warranties though).
they said the mercedes benz ATF is better quality than mopar ATF +4 and that they've been using it successfully for quite some time.
what do you think?
I've already bought Millers Oils Millermatic +4 ATF so I hope it's OK.

·
POTM Winner AUG. 09.
4,635 Posts
When I had my 2.0 CRD serviced , I told the tech NOT to rotate my tyres , as I was doing my own check on tyre wear. He told me not to worry they dont do it anyway in UK. Its an American idea & we dont bother over here
I never had my Caliber, Patriot or Avenger tyres rotated & I remember when I had my Skoda Superb the Service guy there said they dont rotate tyres , The Brits buy tyres in pairs , fronts or rears !!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Clutch aftermarket replacement codes for 2.0 CRD:

SACHS (Germany)

Clutch kit (disc and pressure plate) : 3000 970 011
Release bearing (hydraulic) : 3182 600 154
Flywheel : 2294 000 514
Crankshaft seal : VW Audi 038103171S
Thanks for the info, I had such a snow incident last year, and I think I might have damaged my clutch also, and now with the remapped ecu, the clutch will wear off faster :mad:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Ok I may be the first with this . Check engine on and loss of aircon. Throttle body flap (common failure on Golfs) keeps blowing a fuse (which it happens to share with aircon). Is the only solution a new intake manifold/throttle body flap?

·
Registered
85 Posts
By the way it is fuse 26 on the crd Pat.....aircon. On Golfs it is fuse 8 which controls cooling fans. The question is...will a Golf TD one fit or will I just leave it disconnected (means no cruise)

·
Registered
85 Posts
After air filter change I have a vaccuum hose flapping around the engine bay. Is it the one connected to the airbox?. Does it go into a wiring/vacuum multi line? Or somewhere underneath the airbox?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Got a turbo-overboost error on the wifes green Pat. Occurs when driving through the underseas tunnels here. They are kinda steep going up,being 150 mtrs deep.
All vacuumpipes look ok. Run a full can of EGR/Turbo cleaner through the air intake 2 weeks ago. Checked todat the actuatorarm on the turbo, it moves easily.
So the N75 solenoid is a suspect. But where is that thing located?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Man... my CRD is getting it's 2nd new turbo... wtf

i keep telling the dealer to swap the wastegate solenoid valve (n75 solenoid as known on the VW jetta's and golf's) but they won't listen.

been at the dealers now for 3 weeks!
I have the same issue and have been going through the process of elimination and testing. The issue comes down to the ENGINE CONTROL MODULE having a boost pressure that is too high, this issues remains and doesn’t reset even when clearing all of the fault codes so after a little while produces the same problem which is usually limp mode activated going uphill, where the car won’t accelerate properly as the turbo is disabled. I have replaced the map sensor, vacuum tested all the actuators, taken the EGR valve out and cleaned it and had the engine carbon cleaned. On these cars there isn’t an N75 Valve as a vacuum control unit mounted on the left side of the battery tray performs this function, also from the research I have done throttle control bodies seem to be problematic on Patriots from 2007-2011. What I am going to do is replace the vacuum control unit with a quality used one, and see if this fixes the problem, if not then I will replace the throttle body and see if that resolves it. I too have the hiss from the front left underside of the car engine bay so will be checking that to see if it could be a boost leak from the inter cooler or any of the pipes. I will update further once I have performed each stage and let you know what the fox is hopefully all the best Crowie

·
Registered
11 Posts
Got a turbo-overboost error on the wifes green Pat. Occurs when driving through the underseas tunnels here. They are kinda steep going up,being 150 mtrs deep.
All vacuumpipes look ok. Run a full can of EGR/Turbo cleaner through the air intake 2 weeks ago. Checked todat the actuatorarm on the turbo, it moves easily.
So the N75 solenoid is a suspect. But where is that thing located?
No N75 alive as on these cars this is controlled by the vacuum control unit mounted on the left side of the battery tray hope this helps

·
Registered
76 Posts
Tried the mr Muscle but that did not help.
I still have to check EGR valve, but i dont have a code for it. No engine light. Just overboost code when i read it with my FIXD plugin device.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts