Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all!
Just thought that Diesel Patriots might deserve their own thread.
Don't know if anyone did this before,but I guess it would be nice for Diesel owners to express their CRD related experiences within a dedicated CRD thread.
So,there you have it.

·
Premium Member
1,319 Posts
Right. Just out of interest, what sort of price does it cost for you to fill a CRD up with diesel in either Greece or Romania?
By the way, I thought that diesels were forbidden in Greece because of pollutions laws. Is that right?

Rocal

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Right. Just out of interest, what sort of price does it cost for you to fill a CRD up with diesel in either Greece or Romania?
By the way, I thought that diesels were forbidden in Greece because of pollutions laws. Is that right?

Rocal
Hi!

You got something right about diesels in Greece.
You can't own a diesel in Athens or Thessaloniki as a private person because of pollution.Thats pretty stupid because if you have a Diesel Particle Filter (DPF) your emissions are lower than any petrol engine.You can own one anywhere else,meaning any town,city or village.This applies even if you live in a Thessaloniki and Athens suburb village or town.
Anyway,you can own a diesel if you have a private company or if you lease.
Anyway,buses and vans are all diesels ,so personally i think it sucks.
As for Romania,no restrictions on diesels,except for the fact that if you buy a new car or import a new vehicle,it must be Euro5 emission compliant.
As for filling up,Greece turned very expensive last year: 1.30 -1.40EUR/L diesel and 1.50-1.60EUR/Lpetrol.(in 2009 diesel was 0.96-1.00 EUR/L)
Romania:diesel 4.85-5.05 RON (4.25 RON=1.00 EUR,5.00 RON=1.00 GBP) so that would be 1.15-1.25 EUR/L ,around 0.96p-1.00 GBP.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I Agree!

and i have just the thread to start us off, overboost problems. Turbo, vacuum lines, hoses, the whole lot replaced under warranty and still it throws overboost codes (P0234)

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
and i have just the thread to start us off, overboost problems. Turbo, vacuum lines, hoses, the whole lot replaced under warranty and still it throws overboost codes (P0234)
the N75 boost control valve.
they might need to replace it.
very rare but it happens sometimes in tdi s.
how many miles or km on the clock?

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Rocal
here's a thing to read about petrol prices in romania:

I investigated the new gasoline taxes from 1 January 2011:

- Excise duty is 467 EUR / ton

- Road tax is 125 EUR / ton

- Solidarity tax (one cent per liter - the reason is to cover damages from bankruptcy of state owned enterprises) that is 10 EUR / ton

Producer is priced around 370 EUR / ton.

This results in the following price per ton of gasoline: 370 + 467 + 125 + 10 = 972 EUR / ton (customs and excise duties)

Add VAT at 24% ie 233.28 EUR

The total is 1205.28 EUR / ton

A liter of gasoline is 1.205 EUR (about 5.15 RON)

The manufacturer collects 370 EUR / ton

The state collects 835.28 EUR / ton

Revolt IS TOO SMALL A WORD

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)

·
Registered
285 Posts
Goguadi.

How about listing spares we can get from your local general autoparts dealer.

For example (and correct me if I'm wrong):

Oil Filter.

MEHR OF106
FRAM CH9463ECO
MAHLE OX188DECO
COOPERS G1473
WIX WL7296

Air filter or other anyone?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Oil Drain Plug

OK, I want to change the oil.

Does the plastic skid pan thing have to come off to get to the drain plug?

I had a quick look underneath with a torch last night. I can see a threaded hole in the skid pan and can see the sump through there. What is that hole for?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yes,it does.
and even if you fit the engine metal skidplate,still the same.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Thanks Goguadi.

I suspect that the redundant hole in the skid pan is for the petrol (gas) version.

I might make my own inspection hatch while it's off for next time.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
correct,so you still have to take it off.
no big thing though,comes out easy and quick.
you can do that if you intend to keep the plastic one.
i prefer to take my metal one off because they grease the bolts as well and thus prevent rust from building.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Having got the job done, I will forget the inspection hatch idea and remove the skid plate each time as it's an opportunity to have a good look round for anything dodgy.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
exactly.
anyway,that's what they do at the dealers when they change oil.at least mine does this.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Air Con Top Up

Anyone know which is the low pressure side top up point for the air con?

There's a point at the rear corner and one under the top radiator hose at the front.

My system blows cool but not ice cold so thought I'd try the DIY top up first.

I understand that the system can lose 10 - 15% of the R134A every year and my Pat is 4 yrs old.

Those with a diesel Pat, does your aircon blow Ice Cold???

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
mine does.
2 years old.
no probs atm.
but they say that if you don't use the system,even during winter (for defogging) you loose pressure.
so i won't be surprised.
i had it in a previous vehicle. it's about 25 $ to refill in my country,so no big deal if you do it every 2-3 years.

·
Registered
24 Posts
the N75 boost control valve.
they might need to replace it.
very rare but it happens sometimes in tdi s.
how many miles or km on the clock?
sorry, forgot this one.
Had about 75000kms back then. Dealer swapped entire turbo manifold and ecu. Prob seemed to be resolved until yesterday. Overboost again I think, will find out in the morning.

One thing which I had reported earlier which I was told was normal, was a strange noise that occured about a minute after the engine was shut down. Sounds like pressure being released, not a typical wastegate sound, more like long fart to be honest :)

Any other crd owners have this noise after shutdown? I cant help but feel this is related to my turbo woes...

I did read about the n75 solenoid on some vw forums and I did make the suggestion but was told thid would have been replaced as part of the manifold.

Any idea where this is on the crd? Is it located on the firewall or as part of the turbo?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts