Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw that someone installed a Teyes Spro a few years back, and I'm looking to replace my stock radio in my 2017. Has anyone else installed this? Thoughts?

·
Registered
2014 Sport 4X4 FD2 Off-road, Falken Wildpeak A/T, All weather & convienance group, EVIC, ATC, Hitch
1,268 Posts
I've heard several people complaining about their quality.

·
Registered
2014 Sport 4X4 FD2 Off-road, Falken Wildpeak A/T, All weather & convienance group, EVIC, ATC, Hitch
1,268 Posts
I thought of getting one myself, but the negatives I've read have lead me not to. Especially when I factor in that my XTRONS has performed flawlessly for the 3+ years that I've had it. The one that I have only has a 6.2" screen, but in reality I find that perfectly adequate for everything that I've used it for. Obviously, you're not going to be trying to play games, email, or watch a movie while driving (at least you shouldn't be). The screen is plenty big for Google Maps or Waze. I also use the Torque Pro app and the screen is plenty big for that too. Something that I would miss if I did get one oe the 10" ones is the volume knob. The 10" ones don't have knobs, and even though I have the steering wheel controls I find myself reaching for the volume knob most of the time. Another thing that might be an issue with the bigger screen would be the brightness when driving at night. Sometimes even my 6.2" screen is distractingly bright, even with a very dark background.

Not trying to talk you out of what you want, just sharing my thoughts/experiences. There are other brands out there with the 10" screen, not just Teyes. Maybe look into those. I haven't heard anything good or bad about those other brands.

·
Registered
2016 Jeep Patriot, 2.4L, 6 speed auto transmission
32 Posts
I installed the 10.1" Spro last July. The instructions are in Russian but Google translator fixed that. You Tube came in handy as well. Works and sounds great. Gps is good, steering wheel buttons are compatible and the install was quick and easy. Dash bezel included in the price. Looks pretty good but is a smooth surface rather than the slight texture of the original. Teyes voice commands, Google Assistant, and Alexa all work well so button pushing is minimal. Wireless Android Auto using Android 10 software works fine but requires a launcher app. Not really a problem but I am told Android 11 upgrade will eliminate that. All in all, for around $270.00, I am pretty satisfied with the sound quality and the operation of the headunit. Basically, it is a 10 inch tablet with pretty good sound that fits well in the dash. No real problems other than the ones the operator caused.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I recently installed the Teyes Spro as well. The sound quality was weird initially because surround sound was turned on. I put a basic smiley face EQ and felt much better about the unit. You really can't beat the price if you're willing to tinker a little bit to get things right.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts