Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I have a 2007 Jeep Patriot Limited 4x4 with a sunroof. My close button doesn't seem to work, but all the other button on the sunroof switch does.

I can open it but can only close it by pressing the 'V' button. But then again, it will close only to the vent position and not the proper close position. I bought a new OEM sunroof switch but the same thing is still happening, which makes me think that it has something to do with the wiring or the sunroof motor.

I am trying to figure this out before rainy season starts.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

·
Registered
621 Posts
Wiring issue or motor seems likely. Also, have you checked the tracks? Anything out of alignment or stuck in there? My Patriot doesn't have a sunroof, but my last 2 cars did, and they had a manual "crank to close" key that they came with. Does the Patriot also have that?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked the tracks and nothing is in the way. The Patriot does come with an extra key for the child lock but I don't see anywhere that I can use the same key to "crank close".

·
Registered
196 Posts
Here is a diagram from a 2009. It should be close enough. Perhaps there is a broken wire. Also the owners manual has no known manual override. Just "manual mode" and it used the close button.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is a diagram from a 2009. I should be close enough. Perhaps there is a broken wire. Also the owners manual has no known manual override. Just "manual mode" and it used the close button.
I'll take a look at the switch again and test for continuity! thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts