Jeep Patriot Forums banner

141 - 152 of 152 Posts

·
7,587 Posts
I was informed at my last oil change that my 2009 Patriot subframe was rusting. I called my local dealer and after they looked up my Vin they told me I am not covered since my Patriot was from Canada. Does this mean I will have to travel to Canada to get it covered?
What does "from" mean? Was it bought in Canada or manufactured in Canada? If manufactured in Canada it shouldn't matter. If bought in Canada and imported to the US then there may be a problem. Try PMing JeepCares on this website. Maybe they can intercede for you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2010 Patriot crossover rusted

I got 2010 Jeep Patriot North Edition. Went to replace the tire and mechanic noticed my cross member badly rusted. Told me to call the dealer and give him VIN number to check for recall. I am from Ontario, Canada. Dealer called after 2 hrs and told me that my car doesn't have any recalls. I went to this forum and found all the comments very useful. Than somehow I got this site with FCA Service bulletin from July 13 2017. It's very useful document. Officially there is no recall, but this bulletin is saying that if customers complain about steering wheel vibration and notify the dealer, dealer has to inspect both front and rear crossmember for corrosion and replaced if needed.

static.oemdtc.com/TSB/23-007-17C.pdf (just add http in front)

I called the dealer from which I got the car, told him about extended warranty, I got an appointment next week to check corroded parts. Hopefully I do not have to pay extra for replacement parts. Faulty crossmember caused possible damaged to other parts and should be covered but that warranty

·
7,587 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

For what I know of the US policy, the extended warranty is for original owners only. While its the same company, you live in a different country and their policy and the legalities may differ there.

When you say "I got a 2010 Patriot" do you mean you just purchased it, or do you mean you've had it all along since new? If you're the original owner you may be in luck. We can hope so. Please let us know how it turns out.

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
I got 2010 Jeep Patriot North Edition. Went to replace the tire and mechanic noticed my cross member badly rusted. Told me to call the dealer and give him VIN number to check for recall. I am from Ontario, Canada. Dealer called after 2 hrs and told me that my car doesn't have any recalls. I went to this forum and found all the comments very useful. Than somehow I got this site with FCA Service bulletin from July 13 2017. It's very useful document. Officially there is no recall, but this bulletin is saying that if customers complain about steering wheel vibration and notify the dealer, dealer has to inspect both front and rear crossmember for corrosion and replaced if needed.

I called the dealer from which I got the car, told him about extended warranty, I got an appointment next week to check corroded parts. Hopefully I do not have to pay extra for replacement parts. Faulty crossmember caused possible damaged to other parts and should be covered but that warranty

Thank you for the link!!!:smiley_thumbs_up:

·
Registered
230 Posts
They replaced the front but I guess the back is NOT included and It needs replacing they estimated over 800$ just for parts I don't think so

·
Registered
2 Posts
2010 Patriot crossover rusted

Today (August 08 2019) the front cross member was replaced by the dealer at no cost. I have to wait a week for the part to arrive. They notified me about other suspension parts being ready to be replaced, but I declined their quote. No problems. Great service at Chrysler dealership in Amherstburg , Ontario.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Today (August 08 2019) the front cross member was replaced by the dealer at no cost. I have to wait a week for the part to arrive. They notified me about other suspension parts being ready to be replaced, but I declined their quote. No problems. Great service at Chrysler dealership in Amherstburg , Ontario.
Can you send me any info on ho wyou did that and what the dealer gave you in documents, please?
I'm in Peterborough On. and want to have as much info with me before I approach my dealer.
Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Same thing here guys except, the cross member was covered under the ten year warranty extension. But, they can't fix it because everything under my jeep k frame sub frame totally rusted out.I can't afford that I'm without a car for two months and still making 220.00 a month car payments I've reported it to nurse but people are complaining online but not reporting to get a recall going we need .org people. Now I'm finding out that my rust is due to a A.C. Plug that's been missing for 8 yrs water splashing up.I'm not the only one people have been complaining about this for awhile I don't know wa t to do anymore HELP

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey all, I was shown that my subframe is rusty, and that I should contact chrysler about this. The surprising thing is this.

I applaud chrusyler for giving us a 10 year extended warranty on this, but I am not even sure if mine is covered yet. I havnt taken it in. Heres why! The mechanic whom I spoke with, he says hes the head mechanic, has advised me that the replacement is covered and isn't that hard of a job. But that being said your looking at a HUGE bill when you come to pick it up. Because only the subframe and crossmembers are covered, ANYTHONG else they touch...as he put it, cut off, to make it quicker, will be replaced with chrysler oem parts, and this comes out of your pocket, and then to add injury to insult a charge for a wheel alignment after all is said and done, he said probably a couple grand to fix.

My jeep is a 2009 pat, 76000 kms, its on its 3rd front end ( control arms, ball joints, tie rods, sway bar links etc.). I am at my wits end keeping up with this thing.

And to add injury to insult, my front dash lit up like an xmas tree on the way to work this morning, its got the abs, brak light, esc lights and tracyion control lights all on. I was told its most likely a speed sensor. Which can be replaced fairly easy...another catch, bring it into see which one, its a 69.99 charge to have the reader see which one..wow...i'm shocked how they can get aay with this.

Can anyone add some light to this...anyone had the subframe replaced etc???

Love to hear from you guys about it.

Thanks in advance!
Buy a scan tool so that you can diagnose your own issues. They run anywhere from $3500- $15000 for a good one to tell you which sensor , sensor wire is bad. $69.99 is a good deal for the info. I'm a mechanic and I find it hard to give a break on tasks when I have spent well over $7,500 this year alone on equipment to help customers. Dont knock pricing knock the government for making it so expensive to survive in this country.

141 - 152 of 152 Posts