Jeep Patriot Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
4,964 Posts
This is why it's a good idea to come to a forum before buying a used vehicle, as forum members are likely to know more about the vehicle's quirks and problems, like the subframe warranty and CVT maintenance schedule.

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
4,964 Posts
I PURCHASED NEW.. off the floor.. I can imagine how many people have been taken in financial hostage both new and used car owners.. they knew what they were selling!!!
Did the vehicle serve you well in the years it held together?

Did you have it regularly maintained, including fluids maintenance and whatnot?

Did you ever bother to look under your own vehicle before now?

Did you never stop in your whole rant to think about the fact that the MK platform was created by a rather bankrupt Chrysler corporation basically under government control at the time, just needing an econobox to put it all together?

The Patriot is a basic vehicle that executives probably didn't expect to be used to the extent it has been across this country. Much like the original Willy's MB, which I've heard had an expected shelf life of 90 days, these things probably weren't expected to hold on much more than 3-5 years, but we all seem to like them so much, they kept making them. And when the subframe issue showed up, they issued the recall/warranty, and anybody who showed up to a dealer with that problem within the allotted time got it fixed free. All you had to do was keep an eye on your own vehicle.

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
4,964 Posts
I was never made aware of any extended warranty or that there was even an issue with rusting and rotting frames…they should have made it a recall.. silently extending a warranty doesn’t help people if they are not aware of this defect until too late.. I have other Jeeps and never erosion like this.. my last Jeep, mechanic comments were wow, no rust.. so no I did not expect this at all
Yes, and this is the first time you ever thought to take to a forum to say or ask anything about potential problems, and it's just to complain. Too many folks these days take to forums and product reviews only to complain, never even bothering to keep an eye out for things like this, that the vehicle might be known for. Everybody here already knew about this at least 3 years ago, maybe more.

Also I think jaison is saying the same thing I am, that you, as the owner, should have caught the issue sooner. It's your vehicle, and therefore your responsibility.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.