Jeep Patriot Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rust huge problem - subframes and most anything connected to it.. deadly.. took it for oil change, tire alignment, TPMS ..tire pressure signal would not go off.. I was told not to drive it, totally unsafe. I can put my hand into the holes. My vehicle is a 2010 .. Chrysler Jeep knew about these problems especially the rusting of subframes, front and rear. My car has 115,000km on it.. I have read so many stories about this. Chrysler increased warranties but didn’t tell anyone.. I never received a notice to even alert me to any potential problems.. this should have been a recall.. I could have been killed from this default.. the heat shields fell out dragging on the ground.. my wheel wells are also rotted with rust.. I wonder how many people have suffered more than a financial loss because of this. This could have caused a horrible accident and involved other cars. Shameful

Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is why it's a good idea to come to a forum before buying a used vehicle, as forum members are likely to know more about the vehicle's quirks and problems, like the subframe warranty and CVT maintenance schedule.
I PURCHASED NEW.. off the floor.. I can imagine how many people have been taken in financial hostage both new and used car owners.. they knew what they were selling!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
With all due respect ma'am, that rust didn't form over night. This should of been caught a lot sooner.
And it was up on a hoist and I wasn’t there when it was.. no one told me until the last time I was in..!.. and thank you for respecting my comment ..I’m not a mechanic.. I take my car in and I expect to be told if there is something wrong..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did the vehicle serve you well in the years it held together?

Did you have it regularly maintained, including fluids maintenance and whatnot?

Did you ever bother to look under your own vehicle before now?

Did you never stop in your whole rant to think about the fact that the MK platform was created by a rather bankrupt Chrysler corporation basically under government control at the time, just needing an econobox to put it all together?

The Patriot is a basic vehicle that executives probably didn't expect to be used to the extent it has been across this country. Much like the original Willy's MB, which I've heard had an expected shelf life of 90 days, these things probably weren't expected to hold on much more than 3-5 years, but we all seem to like them so much, they kept making them. And when the subframe issue showed up, they issued the recall/warranty, and anybody who showed up to a dealer with that problem within the allotted time got it fixed free. All you had to do was keep an eye on your own vehicle.
I was never made aware of any extended warranty or that there was even an issue with rusting and rotting frames…they should have made it a recall.. silently extending a warranty doesn’t help people if they are not aware of this defect until too late.. I have other Jeeps and never erosion like this.. my last Jeep, mechanic comments were wow, no rust.. so no I did not expect this at all

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
With all due respect ma'am, that rust didn't form over night. This should of been caught a lot sooner.
It never happens overnight, but at least Mazda did a recall unlike Chrysler…
#24 · Jul 3, 2020
2011 Mazda6 with 140k miles. I had front subframe rust replaced under recall. Now rear subframe needs complete replacement due to holes including at rear shock tower.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.