Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of installing my crdstu front coils right now. Is it normal for the springs to bow? They are bowing quite a bit. I fit them on with the spring compressors and they look good but after getting the top nut on and loosen the compressors it bows... Please help ASAP!

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Sorry, hope someone comes along. Maybe Stu will answer if you call him. He's prolly still up. ;-)

·
Registered
5,428 Posts
Some bowing is normal, but make sure you have the spring ends properly seated in the top mount for the rears and on both top and bottom mounts for the fronts. You might need to recompress the spring to spin it so the coil end seat in their pockets.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
yes,it is normal.
especially on the front

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you guys! Yeah I made sure the fronts were in the pockets but they still had a slight bow but now i know that's normal, the rears didn't bow at all but man did they take forever! Best mod I've ever done to the riot. Also, did skid plates today!

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
tires next for the complete setup.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
and pics , of course

·
Registered
5,428 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah it never ends! Thought I'd be good with the plates and lift but now it looks odd with the stock SRA's. The SRA's are looking tired with 46k but they probably have 5-10k left in them. Thinking about investing in Hankook Dynapro ATMs in a 235/65/17. I know it'll probably rub a little but I'm ok with it, just don't know if the fiance will like it since she drives it everyday and not me :D

BEFORE lift and tint only on rear 3 windows

AFTER CRDSTU lift and tint on all windows

·
Registered
237 Posts
Probably just a matter of perspective of the photo, but your rear seem slightly higher than the front? No? Look very good anyway!! Good job.

BTW, do you replace your factory struts at the same time than putting the STU coils on? Because my 2010 is only 68K KM (dunno how old is yours) and I feel like if my factory struts are more "soft" than before, I feel they are easier to compress IMO. But my dealer check all four for any leak or damage and told me they are all fine. Anyway I'll not buy OE Mopar because you can get KYB Excel-G for 3X cheaper than Mopar and they are better quality and also lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah it's just a matter of perspective, after I posted the pictures I actually ran outside to see if the front had sagged somehow due to it looking like that but it's pretty darn close front to rear. Before my rear was actually slightly lower than the front now the rear is slightly higher. It also has to do with the rears being HD and the fronts "comfort". With 4 people and/or some cargo or trailer tongue weight it would be perfectly level. I did not replace the struts due to cost, I can rent the coil compressor again and do the struts years down the road when they go bad. Overall very happy here! Runs down the road perfect and it hasn't even been aligned yet. Scheduled a 4 wheel alignment for 9:30 am tomorrow, ~900 mile round trip downstate for a wedding this weekend which will be the real test. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.