Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

So I bought a stock 2014 Jeep Patriot 4WD Sport (not the trail-rated model) and was wondering if anyone here knows what the stock clearance is for the vehicle. I remember reading somewhere that it was 19", but I'm not sure if that was just for the trail-rated model. If you can also post a reliable reference link in your reply that would be really appreciated.

Thanks!
Chomper

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
Hey guys!

So I bought a stock 2014 Jeep Patriot 4WD Sport (not the trail-rated model) and was wondering if anyone here knows what the stock clearance is for the vehicle. I remember reading somewhere that it was 19", but I'm not sure if that was just for the trail-rated model. If you can also post a reliable reference link in your reply that would be really appreciated.

Thanks!
Chomper
think 19" is water fording clearance
ground clearance is 8.1"
http://www.autoblog.com/buy/2014-Jeep-Patriot/specs/

·
Registered
44 Posts
just wondering wanted to get a patriot to take on sand not dunes maybe a few slight inclines. has anyone else confirmed that the 4x4 FDI is 9" clearance. i wanted to know if the 16" or 17" tires would be better for that type of driving ?

·
Registered
7,463 Posts
Stock 2wd with 16" wheels gives you 8.1

Add .5" for a 4x4
add .5" for 215/65r17 tires. (the 215/60r17 tires are the same size as the 16" wheel/tires)

So a 4x4 with 215/65r17 is at 9.1" of ground clearance.

but if you have a 4x4 with the 16" wheels (or the 215/60r17 tires) you have 8.6, or if you have a 2wd with the 215/65r17 wheels and tires, then you also have 8.6.

·
Registered
7,463 Posts
just wondering wanted to get a patriot to take on sand not dunes maybe a few slight inclines. has anyone else confirmed that the 4x4 FDI is 9" clearance. i wanted to know if the 16" or 17" tires would be better for that type of driving ?
16" tires would give you more options for AT tires, as you can get them bigger than the stock 16" tire size, but still be well within limits of not rubbing, or having any other issues. Stock 205/70-16's can be upgraded to 225/70-16 without worry of rubbing or other issues, and gives you over half an inch of sidewall over the stock size.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts