Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have spare time to actually have this playing in the background while getting some other things done - wondering your thoughts if watching.

I find it interesting that a few elected women are wearing white to highlight the women's suffrage movement .... even tho women can vote, those women are elected into public office, and women are equal to men in this day and age. Disrespectful they are also disrupting Trump while standing whenever he talks about women and strange they are chanting USA like a group of drunken college kids at an event such as this.

Also note that Trump is pushing his wall hardcore and his rhetoric is aiming again at another shutdown.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I think Trump knocked it out of the park. I liked every idea he had. That's why I voted for him. The rebuttal was pitiful attempt to fill uninformed voters with more misinformation.

·
Premium Member
11,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If your talking about the Democratic response, yes it was pretty lame.

Reactions: RossoRacer

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
One thing about the state of the union is that its so long. I think trump would have done better to get right to the meat and potatoes instead of clapping for half of it. Most people lose interest in the speech after 15 minutes.

·
Premium Member
11,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
8,128 Posts
I find it interesting that a few elected women are wearing white to highlight the women's suffrage movement .... even tho women can vote, those women are elected into public office, and women are equal to men in this day and age. Disrespectful they are also disrupting Trump while standing whenever he talks about women and strange they are chanting USA like a group of drunken college kids at an event such as this.
My Mother was born when women were not allowed to vote in the US. Her grandmother was a "suffragette" as she called herself. She and her whole family were honorable, respectable and respectful people. To be otherwise would be unthinkable for them. They worked effectively for their cause, and ultimately they succeeded.

Disruptive behavior is usually an indicator of a cause that can't be defended intellectually. A good cogent presentation will eventually win; lacking that, people resort to offensive behavior and language in hopes of getting their way by wearying society despite the weakness of their ideas.

·
Premium Member
11,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Most people of age can say the same as well about the older women in their life In the case of the older women in my life they were not even allowed basic human rights due to communist rule. Nowadays folks tend to try drumming up things that have been conquered of the past and claim they are still suffering - which they are not - all for political gain. All those women in white were only wearing white for personal and political gain ... not for any cause.

My Mother was born when women were not allowed to vote in the US. Her grandmother was a "suffragette" as she called herself. She and her whole family were honorable, respectable and respectful people. To be otherwise would be unthinkable for them. They worked effectively for their cause, and ultimately they succeeded.

Disruptive behavior is usually an indicator of a cause that can't be defended intellectually. A good cogent presentation will eventually win; lacking that, people resort to offensive behavior and language in hopes of getting their way by wearying society despite the weakness of their ideas.

Reactions: RossoRacer

·
Premium Member
11,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1 - 10 of 10 Posts