Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
stalled a few times when coming to a stop just after starting the engine and driving. usually within the first minute or so of driving. Only seems to happen when i come to a stop and not when the engine was still warm. 120k miles, 2013 2.0 engine.

·
8,290 Posts
We could use a little more info. Is it running rough before it quits or does it just drop dead? Can you restart immediately? Do you get the CEL? Does it throw a code?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
it runs fine till it just cuts out softly, then you notice there is no power steering, starts right back up, and once the engine is warmer, it doesn't stall. no lights, need to get a code reader though. not sure what CEL is?

·
8,290 Posts
CEL CHECK ENG LIGHT DUH!
Sorry. Seems we use so many abbreviations these days. Your problem seems like a tough one to me. Conversely I had a Pontiac that would do that but only after it was warmed up and it wouldn't restart until it cooled down. I could drive 100 miles no problem, but come to the first stop sign <sigh>. That turned out to be the ECM (Engine Control Module 😉).

·
8,290 Posts
Codes: If your CEL is on, try turning the key on & off (don't go all the way to start) quicky three times, when you turn it on the third time it may give you a code down where the odometer reading is. I'm not sure this works on a Patriot but it worked on our Wrangler.

·
Registered
1 Posts
[QUOTE="Batman11, post: 1874060,
Sorry, too quick on the submit.

I had this problem with my 08 Patriot after filling up with gas. On starting out if the station it would stall when I stopped. After stating again, all was fine. Culprit was my fuel tank and I had to have it replaced. This occured twice, every 5 years. Second time, got Chrysler to pay for half the cost. Was told it is the vaper capture portion getting fouled. I never overfilled (that I know of:)) , so not sure how it happened.

So, that is something to check.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry, too quick on the submit.

I had this problem with my 08 Patriot after filling up with gas. On starting out if the station it would stall when I stopped. After stating again, all was fine. Culprit was my fuel tank and I had to have it replaced. This occured twice, every 5 years. Second time, got Chrysler to pay for half the cost. Was told it is the vaper capture portion getting fouled. I never overfilled (that I know of:)) , so not sure how it happened.

So, that is something to check.
Thanks alot, ill have to look into that, it is 8 years old.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts