Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone up for a spring badlands trip? I'd like to test out the new coils. See how they handle offroad. :smiley_thumbs_up:

Preferably a weekend, but I could take some PTO if we need to do it during the week. Just as long as its not the first 6 business days of the month (Busy time for the banking industry).

Let me know if your interested, and what dates would work.

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
How's about something in April after Easter weekend. I'm open for a Saturday or Sunday.:smiley_thumbs_up:

·
just an average Joe
3,284 Posts
Badlands in ND?
Badlands Offroad Park in Attica Indiana... not The Badlands in North Dakota.

When I was a kid we would go on family trips across the country and swipe a rock (small boulder) from places we'd been. The "rock" that we brought back from The Badlands did not last through the first rain shower in Indy. We could not believe that we were fooled by a wad of dirt. It sure did feel and weigh like a rock when we put it in the van... I am just glad it wasn't a wad of poo like in the movie Joe Dirt.

·
Registered
12,876 Posts
Looks like about 8 hour trip for me. Damn, sounds like fun too. I'd really like to see your ride with the lift too Schoat, and meet you folks in person.

I'll have to think about it once you set a date.

·
Premium Member
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How's about something in April after Easter weekend. I'm open for a Saturday or Sunday.:smiley_thumbs_up:
That works for me. let go for the 10th, or 17th, whichever works better. If none of the above, let me know and we can figure something out.

Badlands Offroad Park in Attica Indiana... not The Badlands in North Dakota.

When I was a kid we would go on family trips across the country and swipe a rock (small boulder) from places we'd been. The "rock" that we brought back from The Badlands did not last through the first rain shower in Indy. We could not believe that we were fooled by a wad of dirt. It sure did feel and weigh like a rock when we put it in the van... I am just glad it wasn't a wad of poo like in the movie Joe Dirt.
LOL thats funny. Are you sure it wasnt poo? As long as you didnt eat french fries off of it, your ok. :p

Think you could be in for a badlands trip?

Looks like about 8 hour trip for me. Damn, sounds like fun too. I'd really like to see your ride with the lift too Schoat, and meet you folks in person.

I'll have to think about it once you set a date.
Its about 5 hours for me. If youd like to go, You could probably meet me somewere around here, then we could convoy out there.

Its a good time. Let me know if you want to try and make it, and we can work something out. Are there any specific dates that might work for you?

·
Registered
12,876 Posts
5 hours from Cleveland not too bad, I'd add 2 or so to get there. I used to play in dart tournaments in the Cleveland area. I think Strongville? But it was a while ago, and I could be wrong. Are you going to camp there, stay overnight?

·
just an average Joe
3,284 Posts
Think you could be in for a badlands trip?
Maybe later in the year.
Why oh why was I so cheap.... it would have been only an extra $1000 (only $20 more per month) for 4WD. It is times like this that I kick myself for only getting 2WD. My wounded Jeep has done about as much as it is capable of out there.

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
It woud be nice to get a few FDII's to go. Seems the FDI's and Joe's wounded Pat usally make up the Patriot gang. I hope you can make it dixiedawg it is a great time.

This outing I'll be dragging two Jeeps out there for some pictures of the both out playing. That means the wife will be driving too.;)

The 10th or the 17th are ok for me. The 17th might be better for some to see if they can go with though.

·
Premium Member
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It woud be nice to get a few FDII's to go. Seems the FDI's and Joe's wounded Pat usally make up the Patriot gang. I hope you can make it dixiedawg it is a great time.

This outing I'll be dragging two Jeeps out there for some pictures of the both out playing. That means the wife will be driving too.;)

The 10th or the 17th are ok for me. The 17th might be better for some to see if they can go with though.

Lets say the 17th then, hopefully we can get some more interested. Maybe I should post this over on the other forum just incase.

So whats this other Jeep? You got a new toy im guessing? Im still looking for an XJ, but I want to see if i can find one that already has a lift.

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
Lets say the 17th then, hopefully we can get some more interested. Maybe I should post this over on the other forum just incase.

So whats this other Jeep? You got a new toy im guessing? Im still looking for an XJ, but I want to see if i can find one that already has a lift.
The 17th sounds good to me Scott, I'm going to post it in the great lakes section over at JF also. The other Jeep is an "02" Wrangler I have been tinkering with. I'm just about done with all the mods now. :pepper:

Sorry I don't have a pic yet. :(

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
Scott, there are a couple of pics in the "other jeeps" thread of the Wrangler in the garage when I brought it home in stock form back in Feb. FYI

·
Registered
110 Posts
from calif..i have no idea of where the Badlands are..
for sake of educating me..can you enlighen me geographicly where they are?

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
If u guys decide to go on the 17th of April I'm 4hrs away so I'm in.
Looks like Saturday the 17th is a go. If you go rubiconpatriot you could meet up with us here in N/W Indiana and convoy there with us. If any one has CB raidos they are kind of nice to communicate to each other with at the park.

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
You do have to have an orange flag for your vehicle but most guys buy them there if they don't have one yet. I'll have to get a new one when I go this time I already know. I think they are around $15 and park entry is $20 for the day and $5 a peice for passengers.

Other things to take are:
Cooler with soft drinks (no alcohol allowed)
CB raido if you have one
Tow strap (if don't have one don't worry we have plenty)

Badlands is a very user frendly offroad park with ALL kinds of terrain from dirt roads to extreme rock crawling areas and deep mud holes. It's a pretty easy place to stay out of trouble and have some fun with the Patriot.:smiley_thumbs_up:

·
Premium Member
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My window mount flag was $15 I believe. They usually have them in the main office, or at the checkpoint on your way to the lower parking lot (were they check your coolers to make sure you didnt bring alcohol).

Its a great place for beginers, and there will be plenty of us to help if you get stuck.

I wont be trying anything too "extreme" because I have a long drive home. Just wanna see how the Stu coils behave offraod. :smiley_thumbs_up:

Its about 2 weeks away, so I hope more of you will be interested.

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
I'm ready and I think a couple other people I know are going too.:smiley_thumbs_up:

1 - 20 of 53 Posts