Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Sport 4X4 FD2 Off-road, Falken Wildpeak A/T, All weather & convienance group, EVIC, ATC, Hitch
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning, as I was getting in my Pat to go to work, I got myself a face full of spider web. What a (un)pleasant surprise! Then I discovered that there were spider webs all over the place. Dashboard, windshield, front and rear seats... like they were having a damn party in there all night. Thankfully I have unlimited interior cleanings at my local car wash. Does anyone know how to prevent these little $*#@)#$ from making their home inside a vehicle, without setting it on fire?

·
Administrator
2014 2.0 5-spd FWD
9,293 Posts
Personally, I like spiders. They eat black-flies. If you live in northern New England spiders are a blessing!

Presuming you have too many and spiders probably give your kids the willies, I'd start with a thorough vacuuming. Then use a retail product for killing insects -- just follow the directions. In any event, air it out and give it another vacuuming before you put the kids in it.

One of those hanging air fresheners probably wouldn't kill them, but it might create an atmosphere that is hostile to spiders.

·
Registered
2014 Sport 4X4 FD2 Off-road, Falken Wildpeak A/T, All weather & convienance group, EVIC, ATC, Hitch
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just got the interior cleaned. They use steam and do a pretty good job of blasting the nooks and crannies. They vacuum really good too.I'm hesitant to spray a bug killer in there as I've had it discolor interior trim in another car I had.
I don't really mind spiders all that much, I just don't like getting a face full of web before I've even had my coffee... or anytime, really.

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
They are in the headliner. You'll never get them. They will be repelling down on you while you're driving. You're gonna have to burn the Jeep! 🕷🕸🕷:)🕷🕸🕷

1 - 5 of 5 Posts