Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok we just got this jeep a maybe a month ago ran a code scanner upon purchase and only got a few so figured we would work on them and get it corrected but has so many issues since we havent gotten to the beginning codes. . started out with idler pulleys, flat tire, normal maintence plugs and oil,, tow because fuel gage was wrong, transmission whine. Got pulleys corrected, dropped it off at a shop for transmission service, but they didnt do anything and had it 2 days, we finally found the fluid had to go get it and that shop dumped one quart and said $6500 for a new transmission, so no they dont service anything they replace it. Called another shop he was booked for a few weeks but informed us to change the fluid and both filters So last weekend I did a fluid and filter change. I swear that transmission fluid must be made of gold @ 27 bucks a quart. anyways it finally ran decent. whine was gone and seemed to have some tiny 4 cyclinder balls and pick up ...... until today. We have so many codes I dont even know where to start. Our original 3 codes when we got it were the can Bus B, Air Bag squib and fuel lean. but so many issues we havent gotten to them like I said

previously a couple times we noticed an surge when starting the jeep, not touching the gas pedal and it was would go up to 2 rpms then drop back down to below 1, Today u can not press the gas to hard or the rpms shoot up, so slow and steady and u can get it to 35 or so and then it seems better . But the wife woks out off some country roads with hills and she said the RMPs were between 3-4 closer to 4 and going up the hill speed slowly drops and rpms go up, cant pull out and go slow and steady on the highway so she got it home and said she refuses to drive it.

these are the codes I pulled I didnt run the scanner tool more than that. I havent had it long and Im not totally familiar with it yet. Where do I even start?

Product Rectangle Azure Operating system Font
Product Rectangle Azure Operating system Font
Rectangle Product Azure Font Software

1 - 1 of 1 Posts