Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I've done a few things to give my jeep a different look than it's stock look. The bug deflector is a fairly common add I've seen. But I found a small scoop that I think is perfect for the hood & some crome & black fake vents. And you might not be able to tell, but I used plain black rubber edge trim and ran one long strip all along the edge of my hood.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fun! Any other plans for it?
Most likely...

4 hood latches

I like the style of most wrangler latches, but hate that some of the holes I'd be drilling would be for "support pins" that are apart of that design.

I found these...

I like them better than some of the other non-jeep options.

Other than that... I'm strongly considering running lights, some of which might go on the side edges of the hood. I'm also considering wiring two LED strips to the front edge of the hood over the headlights as DRL/turn signals. And if I'm feeling crazy... Maybe using an all white LED strip under the hood, wired to a pressure switch so I'll rarely have to dig out a flashlight.

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
4,806 Posts
There is another option as far as what to do to the hood, as seen in this 5.5 year old picture of my rig at Rocks and Valleys off-road park.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Amerihood offers a ventilated replacement hood for the Patriot that has everything you want already built in.

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
4,806 Posts
To be fair though, that's $680 shipped inside the US. I got my louvers for $150ish and installed for maybe that again.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
To be fair though, that's $680 shipped inside the US. I got my louvers for $150ish and installed for maybe that again.
Ouch 😱

Yeah. I held off on the rims I wanted cause they were $650. So as nice as that hood is, that's something I don't foresee myself buying anytime soon unless I get a nice bonus or win the lotto! 😆 I'll always take the cheaper option that may take more careful measuring, planning, elbow grease, etc...

·
Registered
2014 Sport 4X4 FD2 Off-road, Falken Wildpeak A/T, All weather & convienance group, EVIC, ATC, Hitch
1,640 Posts
I like those wheels. Not the tires though, lol. I spent a month earlier this year working in a Goodyear plant... long enough to know that I'll never buy a Goodyear tire again.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts