Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 2017 Jeep patriot 140k miles , I’ve been using synthetic since bought the car in 2017. But this last oil change I did I found small metal particles, not shavings. There’s no noises or smoke or any issues which I’m glad about. Is this serious or could this lead to a bigger issue? I haven’t had to deal with metal particles in oil before so I wanna make sure. Thanks all of you

·
Registered
47 Posts
Ive got an 08 with 413,000KM on it... I found similar particles to what you describe a few thousand km ago and it seems ok so far. i took it on a 3 hour road trip to edmonton and then back home again. seems ok. just pay attention to it...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ive got an 08 with 413,000KM on it... I found similar particles to what you describe a few thousand km ago and it seems ok so far. i took it on a 3 hour road trip to edmonton and then back home again. seems ok. just pay attention to it...
Yeah what they say is normal wear and tear. What I use is between oil changes I add stp oil treatment, they say to be careful of the VVT but I noticed there’s less particles during oil changes

1 - 4 of 4 Posts