Jeep Patriot Forums banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well mine Jitters and stutters and and the nox when I'm going from 35 to 45 from 65 to 75. Usually only when I have the pedal push down so I have a nice level acceleration.
Check to see if your struts have been replaced, i know it sounds crazy. Measure the ride hight front VS Rear, if the front is higher that the rear, the struts/springs have been replaced and the aftermarket ones are 2" higher at ride height than factory. Just went through this with a 2007 Limited. Replaced the struts, developed a bad vibration under acceleration, just like a bad cv axle makes. Replaced both axles, with no change to the issue. Measured out the ride height and discovered the issue. Replaced the "AFTERMARKET" quick strut springs with the OEM ones, and the issue is resolved. I Sure as hell hope this helps someone, or alot of you guys.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It looks like I can buy all 4 mounts for around $125 so I may just go ahead and replace them all since they're original.
5 years on. but your issue is

Check to see if your struts have been replaced, i know it sounds crazy. Measure the ride hight front VS Rear, if the front is higher that the rear, the struts/springs have been replaced and the aftermarket ones are 2" higher at ride height than factory. Just went through this with a 2007 Limited. Replaced the struts, developed a bad vibration under acceleration, just like a bad cv axle makes. Replaced both axles, with no change to the issue. Measured out the ride height and discovered the issue. Replaced the "AFTERMARKET" quick strut springs with the OEM ones, and the issue is resolved. I Sure as hell hope this helps someone, or alot of you guys.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts