Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been going to my dealer, Krebs north of Pittsburgh, for service, and although they seem competent, I'd rather deal with people who really know Jeeps, and have some nowledge of off-roading, etc. Maybe a service man who loves Jeeps and goes off road themselves. Someone who might have tips, etc. I know at where I've been going they really don't understand and were no help teaching me about how to turn my ESP fully off. Thanks to the folks here I now can turn the ESP Full Off.

Any help will be much appreciated!

·
POTM Winner AUG. 09.
4,679 Posts
Come on !!--Nobody is called KREBS !! you just made that up...!!!....LOL

·
Off Road Enthusiast
1,391 Posts
What do you need help with?

·
POTM November 2008
8,921 Posts
I've been going to my dealer, Krebs north of Pittsburgh, for service, and although they seem competent, I'd rather deal with people who really know Jeeps, and have some nowledge of off-roading, etc. Maybe a service man who loves Jeeps and goes off road themselves. Someone who might have tips, etc. I know at where I've been going they really don't understand and were no help teaching me about how to turn my ESP fully off. Thanks to the folks here I now can turn the ESP Full Off.

Any help will be much appreciated!
I know exactly what you mean. Even though Chrysler has been building Jeeps since 1987, my dealer is still a "Chrysler/Dodge" dealer. They won't even talk to me about service on anything pre-Chrysler and obviously do not really understand the Jeep people.

On the other hand, the hard core Jeep shops are not going to think much of our Patriots.

The best bet is a CDJ dealer that was originally a Jeep dealer and had to add Chrysler and/or Dodge. Those are few and far between. There is only one I know of in Burnsville MN.

·
Registered
5,441 Posts
Yea, I get it too...my dealer is a Chrysler/Jeep and Ford dealership...bizarre to see Ford's and Jeep's on the same lot. My previous dealer, that closed, was a Jeep dealer for many years, then they added Chrysler, then they switched to Nissan when all the shutdowns happened.

This is not a bad idea for a potential sticky post though...if enough of us can find "Jeep Enthusiast" dealers and post who and where they are (especially Patriot friendly ones).

·
Premium Member
1,099 Posts
These guys (and gals) are kinda in your territoryhttp://hrja.org. I used to be a member until we formed a club closer to home. Search their forum, someone may be able to help. Check out their Jeepfest next summer, it's a great event.

·
Registered
12,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good link, thanks! Seems I'm not the only one who wants real Jeep folks to work with. There is a local dealer on that web page too, a bit far but might be worth the trip for some things.

·
Registered
12,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They are a little far from me, but I might try to attend one thier events. Too bad they are not closer. Some may not think the Pat is Jeep enough, but they still would know more than the Dodge folks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts