Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 2011 patriot I own came with 2 keys one for the ignition and one to open the manual door locks and rear hatch. I was told by the previous owner the key is the correct one but all 3 locks are seized. The driver door lock will not allow the key to go in all the way or turn in the slightest but the other locks will allow the key to go in all the way. However even with liquid wrench, wd-40 and liquid film nothing will allow the key to work in any locks. What’s the chance he was mistaken and it’s the wrong key? I can’t even locate any replacement locks online? What are my options

·
Registered
178 Posts
Unless some one changed either the door locks or the ignition switch It should only have one key for everything.

Reactions: Sandstone

·
Registered
835 Posts
Maybe get a locksmith to look at it.
I agree. The chances of all 3 locks being seized are pretty slim. Actually, the chances of any of them being seized are slim. And as geddisleroy said, there should only be one key.

Have you tried the ignition key in the doors?

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Patriot Limited 2.4L 6spd
11 Posts
I bought my 2015 as a repo unit that only had a key that was made by the bank to get it without the borrower knowing.
It worked in the ignition and door locks.
Thing is though, when I went to buy a new remote with key they programmed it then the key by itself didn't work.
Check the ignition key in the locks and if it doesn't work then maybe someone changed the ignition or the door locks.
Definitely one key should do it all.
ACE helped me out with mine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree. The chances of all 3 locks being seized are pretty slim. Actually, the chances of any of them being seized are slim. And as geddisleroy said, there should only be one key.

Have you tried the ignition key in the doors?
No but I tried the door key in the ignition I did not try to start the Jeep just check if it would turn and it did

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Neither key will lock or unlock the doors..... I can’t for the life of me, find any listing for door locks only the power ones

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Patriot Limited 2.4L 6spd
11 Posts
Sounds like someone replaced the ignition and then lost the old key that locked/unlocked the doors.
Maybe go get an autostart and get one that can lock/unlock your doors as well ?
Short of calling a locksmith that's all I have.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts