Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did some one kill off the search functionality?

·
Administrator
466 Posts
Hey there,

Can you expand on what issues you are running into?
I have tested the search function from my end, and have found no issues.

Richard.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey AGadmin,

Sorry about the confusion. There was a recent update to a plugin Im using that was the cause. All good. Sorry for jumping the gun and posting.

·
8,128 Posts
I only get the search bar if I use Internet Explorer, not Firefox. Its just a solid green bar in Firefox. This is a new problem. I expect the tech people will find a solution.

·
Administrator
466 Posts
Hey AGadmin,

Sorry about the confusion. There was a recent update to a plugin Im using that was the cause. All good. Sorry for jumping the gun and posting.
Glad to see its working for you.

I only get the search bar if I use Internet Explorer, not Firefox. Its just a solid green bar in Firefox. This is a new problem. I expect the tech people will find a solution.
Can you provide a screenshot so we can see what you are seeing?

- Jb

·
8,128 Posts
Can you provide a screenshot so we can see what you are seeing?
- Jb

If you'll give me detailed instructions on how to do it. I don't get into computers, only use one.

I hate to admit my ignorance, but I was born before computers were invented. In high school I took a computer class and we did our homework on rolls of paper tape with holes punched in it. I was in college before I ever saw a greenscreen (only math & physics majors were allowed to use it).

·
8,128 Posts
I'll also add that I had to use IE to get the screenshot to attach. The attachment function (except drag & drop) is not present on Firefox either. Site works just fine in IE; the problems seem to be with Mozilla.

·
8,128 Posts
So what do I do about this? What is adblock? Is adblock a pop-up blocker? Or a virus that shouldn't be on my computer?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
adblock was the problem for me on chrome too. Must be due to their latest update.

You have to click the little adblock icon and whitelist the site. You click the area that says enabled and it will change to say disabled on site. Then refresh the page and you are good to go.

Reactions: AGadmin

·
8,128 Posts
adblock was the problem for me on chrome too. Must be due to their latest update.

You have to click the little adblock icon and whitelist the site. You click the area that says enabled and it will change to say disabled on site. Then refresh the page and you are good to go.
As I said, I am a computer user not a computer operator.
Where is the adblock icon?
What is whitelisting?

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
4,557 Posts
I run AdBlock Plus on my Firefox(Windows 7 of course, because I'm cool like that), and still see a search bar.

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
4,557 Posts
Haha, I would just notice the problem now. I think it's the way it's loading, I moused over the little Google logo on the right side of the green bar, still got a dropdown with the two options. Helped to be on the forum homescreen. Might be weird, but it's still there. Also, this new site sometimes still likes to log me out randomly.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
As I said, I am a computer user not a computer operator.
Where is the adblock icon?
What is whitelisting?
Adblock is the symbol in the upper right that looks like a stop sign. (see attached image)

When you click it, you should get the box pop up (image 2). Clicking the Enabled on site (indicated by an arrow) will change it disabled on site... this is whitelisting (or allowing this site to function without the adblocker interfering).

Once you do this, refresh the page (press f5 or close out and come back to the website) and all should be fixed.

Mine may look slightly different as I am on chrome, but it should be the same steps.

Attachments

·
8,128 Posts
Adblock is the symbol in the upper right that looks like a stop sign. (see attached image)

When you click it, you should get the box pop up (image 2). Clicking the Enabled on site (indicated by an arrow) will change it disabled on site... this is whitelisting (or allowing this site to function without the adblocker interfering).

Once you do this, refresh the page (press f5 or close out and come back to the website) and all should be fixed.

Mine may look slightly different as I am on chrome, but it should be the same steps.
I do not have that icon on my screen. However, you put me on to something else. In the upper right corner of my screen I have "uBlock Origin" that uses a shield icon. Maybe this is similar to what you suggested. I don't know what it does (or did) but I disabled that for this site and everyone's avatars are back. As time goes on I'll have to see if my other problems are solved.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ad I have my smilies back! Thanks for the help. :notworthy:
uBlock Origin is basically the same thing but better and should be similar steps.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts