Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
2014 Jeep Patriot Sport
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So... I've noticed that you have to change the Spark plugs every 30k miles on the Patriot, I've put 28k on my 2014 since I bought it Oct 2020. Is that why my Ruby is running rough? She's idling rough, driving rough, sounds rough, barely any HP on her little 2.0 5spd, poor little soul. Sucking gas like a pig 馃惤 oink I just went to Auto Zone and purchased some NGK Copper Spark Plugs and either my dad or brother will put them in for me. I'm praying this is the problem. She was running fine a week ago, week and a half ago. Can I get some insight please? Thanks!

Registered
2014 Jeep Patriot Sport
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The plugs could be the cause, especially if there are no error codes and/or dash indicators (check engine, throttle body, etc.) lit.
Yeah, no lights on at all. No error codes being thrown, that's why I thought it could be the plugs.

Registered
2014 Jeep Patriot Sport
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd agree, hopefully that will take care of it.

I have seen a couple of times where a throttle body was on the way out and caused similar problems without codes, but again that's the exception not the rule.

Let us know how it works out.
I definitely will, thanks so much!

Registered
2014 Jeep Patriot Sport
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I have seen a couple of times where a throttle body was on the way out and caused similar problems without codes, but again that's the exception not the rule.

So it was my throw out bearing on my clutch, replacing my clutch this weekend, bought the LUK

So it was the throw out bearing on my clutch, replacing my clutch this weekend with a LUK clutch.

Well it was the throwout bearing on my clutch, I am replacing it this weekend, the clutch that is lol I got a LUK clutch only the best!

Registered
2014 Jeep Patriot Sport
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, it's not the clutch and boy am I glad I took it to a friend's auto repair shop. I blew the transmission, he's not sure exactly what's wrong but I called for a new one, many places since it's manual and a "unicorn" tranny and the only place I found that had one wants $2800! I can buy a new one from Mopar for $2700! I'm thinking rebuilding is the way to go. Anyways I'm a mess over the whole thing, an auto repair shop and the dealer both told me the clutch, idiots. Smh. So here's to a new journey. I miss my Jeep you have no idea.

Administrator
2014 2.0 5-spd FWD
Sorry I'm late to this thread. The rough idle and the clutch are probably unrelated. I can't imagine a bad clutch would make your Patriot run rough, if I'm correctly understanding your original post.

How many miles on your Patriot? I don't see many problems with the 5-spd on this site. I've got a 2014 5-spd with 180,000 miles on it with no problems.

Obviously it's your decision on a replacement transmission. I think your dealer is offering a fair price. In my experience I've gotten factory rebuilt trannies for a couple GM products and they cost about the same as having a mechanic rebuild it for me -- and the new gearbox was installed in a day or two. That's much faster than having a mechanic lay out 10,000 parts on a workbench and put them all together again. IMO, I'd avoid junkyard transmissions, though you have a better chance getting a reliable manual than an automatic.

Good luck and PKUP!

Registered
2014 Jeep Patriot Sport
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry I'm late to this thread. The rough idle and the clutch are probably unrelated. I can't imagine a bad clutch would make your Patriot run rough, if I'm correctly understanding your original post.

How many miles on your Patriot? I don't see many problems with the 5-spd on this site. I've got a 2014 5-spd with 180,000 miles on it with no problems.

Obviously it's your decision on a replacement transmission. I think your dealer is offering a fair price. In my experience I've gotten factory rebuilt trannies for a couple GM products and they cost about the same as having a mechanic rebuild it for me -- and the new gearbox was installed in a day or two. That's much faster than having a mechanic lay out 10,000 parts on a workbench and put them all together again. IMO, I'd avoid junkyard transmissions, though you have a better chance getting a reliable manual than an automatic.

Good luck and PKUP!
It's only got 109,000 on it I'm sick over the whole thing. I'm just gonna hVe my buddies transmission shop where it's at rebuild it. That's all I can do.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts