Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I really hope this comes true, but if not it's fun to talk about. If you google "2021 Jeep Patriot" you will see there is some buzz around it.

One thing is for sure is I hope we get better drive train options and aren't stuck with a stupid fiat engine. I assume it will be ZF transmission. They seem more accessable as far as getting documentation vs Jatco so far. Hopefully we get the 2ltr v6 engine? I'm sort of hopping it's the same as the wranglers, but with a smaller MSRP.

I would also love to see it borrow some ideas from the Jeep Liberty such as the rear gate window can open up and have slightly more room and not use the same stupid moulding that came off after a year...

·
Use the SEARCH feature
1,350 Posts
I dont think its likely, but I agree its fun to think about the wishlist.

Personally Id like to see a removable top, like the Renegade's "My Sky" roof. Its not a Jeep unless you have a leaky removable roof.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Anything is possible, Hyundai just popped out an even smaller SUV, packs like 121 hp. Didn't think there was a market for such a vehicle but there it is. Same could be applied to a Patriot revival 🤔

·
Registered
185 Posts
With Fiat/Peugeot controlling the jeep band, the Patriot will be last (newer) jeep I will every buy. The Patriot was designed by Chrysler prior to the Fiat merger and they were made (assembled) in the USA. They come with a reliable Japanese engine and an average transmission. Overall the riot could last 200K miles if you take care of it.

Fiat and Peugeot have reputation for poor quality/reliability in Europe. Two wrongs don't make a right and in this case merging 2 wrongs makes one really big wrong. The Compass and Renegade (I mean rebadged Fait 500) are a good examples of the poor quality that is awaiting the Jeep brand. They might look cool on the outside (JL) but its what's under the hood that really matters.

·
Registered
281 Posts
While I agree with what you said TKP, the same was said of Patriot due to the union of Daimlier/Chrysler. I seriously considered swapping my '13 Pat out for the then at the time new Renegade, but decided against it because of the history of poor build quality of Fiat. With that today I read that Jeep is coming out with an SUV smaller than Renegade, I believe in 2022. Article didn't specify the market area for this upcoming Jeep.

·
Registered
625 Posts
With Fiat/Peugeot controlling the jeep band, the Patriot will be last (newer) jeep I will every buy. The Patriot was designed by Chrysler prior to the Fiat merger and they were made (assembled) in the USA. They come with a reliable Japanese engine and an average transmission. Overall the riot could last 200K miles if you take care of it.

Fiat and Peugeot have reputation for poor quality/reliability in Europe. Two wrongs don't make a right and in this case merging 2 wrongs makes one really big wrong. The Compass and Renegade (I mean rebadged Fait 500) are a good examples of the poor quality that is awaiting the Jeep brand. They might look cool on the outside (JL) but its what's under the hood that really matters.

what do you mean poor quality on the compass?

whats under the hood of a renegade and compass?

·
Registered
625 Posts
Anything is possible, Hyundai just popped out an even smaller SUV, packs like 121 hp. Didn't think there was a market for such a vehicle but there it is. Same could be applied to a Patriot revival 🤔

Hyundai Venue?

Its more of an urban only isnt it?

Looks like it s no way as versatile as the patriot off road.

·
7,898 Posts
I really hope this comes true, but if not it's fun to talk about. If you google "2021 Jeep Patriot" you will see there is some buzz around it.
So I googled 2021 Jeep Patriot as you suggested.

1. First hit. My anti-virus software warned me against this site.

2. Second hit. My anti-virus software warned me against this site, too.

3. The third hit www.2019-jeep.com › Patriot said something 2021 Patriot in the subject line but the link actually took me to the Lexus site. Does Lexus need redirection to get people to their site?

4. My fourth hit: was a knee-slapper and left me ROFLOL. 2021 Jeep Patriot Price, Release Date, Specs, Interior
How about this bit of grammatical prose? (I quote using copy & paste):
"The Company New Jeep Patriot 2021 come to be probably the most rewarding automobiles to have developed by Chrysler. The model was disclosed in the present industry in 2011 and has for the reason that was at risk of key changes. The Company New Jeep Patriot 2021 is predicted to be conscious of your detection with essential design enhancements and a great deal significantly better features."
Looks to me like they used Google-translate to get it from the original Slobovian.

I didn't keep searching. I think I can see where this is going . . .

·
7,898 Posts
I wish they'd bring back the Patriot but a quick comparison of the Jeep line-up today and five years ago makes it clear the Renegade was the Patriot replacement. There was just an overlap as the Renegade was being introduce and the Patriot was being phased out. If the Renegade turned out to be a flop they still had the Patriot as a fall-back. They probably had some target point for Renegade sales and then when it was reached they hit the "off" button for the Patriot.

There is a Chrysler Patriot concept but it is not competition for anything resembling a Jeep or IMO for anything else on the road.

·
Super Moderator
4,585 Posts
With that today I read that Jeep is coming out with an SUV smaller than Renegade, I believe in 2022. Article didn't specify the market area for this upcoming Jeep.
I've seen that. Supposedly it competes with the Suzuki Jimny, and there may be an EV or a PHEV . But from what I've seen it's meant primarily for markets other than the US (of course).

If they're going to go EV, I hope they get a lot better at wiring, grounding and connectors and make things simpler.
Do they really have to use three computers just to turn on a blinker?

·
Super Moderator
4,585 Posts
I wish the Jimmy would make it to the states.
Yeah, the engine isn't much for power but with live axles and a 2 speed transfer case it's more a "real Jeep" than certain Jeeps. lol

·
Registered
25 Posts
I wish they'd bring back the Patriot but a quick comparison of the Jeep line-up today and five years ago makes it clear the Renegade was the Patriot replacement. There was just an overlap as the Renegade was being introduce and the Patriot was being phased out. If the Renegade turned out to be a flop they still had the Patriot as a fall-back. They probably had some target point for Renegade sales and then when it was reached they hit the "off" button for the Patriot.

There is a Chrysler Patriot concept but it is not competition for anything resembling a Jeep or IMO for anything else on the road.

The renegade is tiny compared to a Patriot, basically a subcompact Fiat station wagon, not much of a replacement.

The Compass is the closest in size.

2020 Renegade exterior dimensions

Exterior length (")
Exterior body width (")
Exterior body height (")
Wheelbase (")

2020 Compass exterior dimensions

Exterior length (")
Exterior body width (")
Exterior body height (")
Wheelbase (")

2017 Patriot exterior dimensions

Length (inches)
Width, without mirrors (inches)
Height (inches)
Wheelbase (inches)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I’d love for them to bring it back. I love my 08, and I’ve been wanting to upgrade to the 17. I’m not a fan of the liberty, the fiancé has one... my pat handles snowy/slippery roads a hell of a lot better. And I’ve looked at Renegades. Too small. There’s literally no trunk space! They always discontinue the vehicles I fall in love with. Loved my neon when I was younger, then my caliber. Traded my caliber in for my pat. All I had to do was sit in it and it was a perfect fit. Later learned a lot of the interiors came from the caliber haha.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Interesting article posted by my CDJR dealer on FB from "Motor Authority"
2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee-based 3-row SUV spy shots

Not covering a new Patriot but does discuss what Jeep is planning for the Jeep Family. It doesn't have anything about a new Patriot but does show a "Refreshed" Compass in 2022. Maybe that's the redo on Patriot????

·
Registered
185 Posts
"the redesigned Grand Cherokee—and thus the new three-row SUV—will ride on a modified version of the Alfa Romeo Stelvio's platform"

Yikes! it's going to be an Alfa Romeo with a Jeep badge. If you want a Grand Cherokee you better get it now, cause those Alfa's are rolling piles of junk.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts